crown/double wishbone suspension help!!!

crownin round

I'm swapping front springs over in the crown or trying to. Was wondering how to go about removing the springs have tried removing the lower ball joint but having no luck so far any help would be appreciated. 

Spencer, seedy, josh, etc one of the many ex owners tips and tricks would be sweet. 

cheers

Wanna race? Splitting the boot eliminates you from the race btw. 

I must be missing something though... the last one I did I just had a sledge behind the bj spindle thing for support, a couple of good cracks with a hammer later and the bj popped out the bottom, boot untouched. Never hit the bj.

My offer was legit too, I have multiple hammers of varying awesomeness.

i would take up your option but my hammering so far has had no luck but car is up north hahaha and no racing

still a sequence of how to go through taking the suspension apart would be nice

You need to hit harder lol ive never used one of those splitter things as they wreck the boot. Unless your replacing the ball joint then sweet as. Just wak the shit out of the piece the ball joint taper goes through itll break eventually.

Quick run down.

Remove both top sway bolts off the lunks so the sway bar can be swung up out of the way.

Loosen the two 17mm bolts that hold on the bump stop and caster rods.

Loosen the large caster rob bush bolts at the front of the car.

Remove shock.

Undo the lower ball joint but leave it on a few threads.

Break taper on the lower ball jpint by hitting it hard until it comes loose and tge nut is now holding the pressure.

Now remove tge caster rod nuts you loosened earlier and then undo the two underneath that hold on tge bump stop. You can now remive the caster rod.

Put jack under lower arm so you can unwind the rest of the lower ball joint. Then lower the arm slowly to let the spring tension free up.

Remove spring. May need to use a large leaver to pop it out.

Install is reverse up be aware its alot harder getting the non cut springs back in.

• Like 2