Steve7777's 1971 LC Torana- discuss!

steve7777

Hi all

Project build thread here

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44853.steve7777s1971-lc-torana/

I'm bloody useless with computers so please let me know if I've screwed something up

Keen for parts/ advice / abuse for what I'm about to do to this classic!

Am also a Ford Technician so if you lads/ladesses out there need some advice on modern Ford debarkles I may be your man!!

Cheers Steve

Cool car.  Would be awesome to see it back together.   Should be easy enough to get most parts (drop a big cheque in the direction of Rare Spares...).

Is this also known as a TA Torana? These are the missing link between the HB Viva and the 6 cyl LC Torana... 

Might also pick your brain on BF Falcon problems.

• Like 1

how about a 4.3 chev blazer v6 engine its a 350 chev with the front 2 cylinders lopped off it has chev bolt pattern too so you could use any turbo hydramatic auto behind it

choice torrie by the way

We have 2 of these at Zebra if you are Auckland based

No I don't know Shane, as we use Hornby radiators at work. I'll go have a chat with him at some stage. I have had a supercharged VX commy and I still regret selling it

Not too sure on rear axle yet, would be good to use the VR commodore diff, as I have a whole car but will need extensive mods.

Can you recommend anything?

Love your HB by the way, has been my motivation of late. Bugger about the crash though!

Yeah crash sucked. Just been out tuning the new engine and I fear the magnum 1800 axle might not last long. I think they are meant to be good for 200bhp. Will be interested to see how a commie axle fits in. My future plans are for irs so I can get more grip, stronger different and disc's.

Yeah I want to try to keep the whole commy driveline to keep the right diff ratio etc for the 5speed, and the V6 brakes etc for cert.  

IRS sounds like a challenge! Will post some pictures when I have both diffs out side by side to compare!

Did the 1800 magnum diff bolt straight into the HB?