Stu

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@kpr

Have recently been thinking about how to do the fuel setup in my 4WD Datsun 720 with an RB25DET. The chassis is from a GQ/Y60 Patrol/Safari wagon so the tank is in the rear. Will likely be running an Aux tank as well in the further forward section, but that will just pump into the main tank.

Seeing you used one of the Holley hydramats, you said you used it because you couldnt put a drop sump into the tank in the right area. Would you still recommend it if I could just do that? Essentially, I was thinking a drop sump, plus this:    

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2294404954

In the standard tank, running 2x Bosch 044s. 
It may be overkill, as I am only aiming for 3-400hp initially (probably toward the lower side of that for reliabilities sake) initially. But I want to future-proof and allow for potentially using E85 in future which would require a lot more flow.  

Any thoughts around whether a hydramat is a better option than the drop sump or necessary/thoughts in general?

TIA.

The hydramat seems to work amazing.   But wouldn't bother doing both,  either  just run a hydramat in stock tank, maybe with some fuel foam.   or do a good drop section or surge tank.      which ever is cheapest / easiest.  The hydramats are pretty pricey,  but worth looking at if it makes your life easier

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Handbrake is on rear drums factory.    transfer case one that come off is a trailgear setup.

will likely redo the rear brakes with calipers that have internal hand brake.  run a normal style  handbrake leaver between seats

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...