KPR's 84 chromelux discussion

Stu

did you have all the springs in, and have a play with the dual rate adjusters?    bar should be there to limit body roll rather than clearance issues,  but probably  will help your situation a bit. 
I'd definitely run a bar ether way

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i had springs etc in didnt bother with the dual rate adjusters i might give it another flex but jack the front wheel on the otherside at the same time and see what happens, will 100% run a sway bar, i need to lose 5" of shock up travel on articulation but maintain full shock uptravel on diff moving up and down as one..

i thought of runnning a hilux/navara/ isuzu mu front torsion bar as a sway bar as it would be rather stiff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet results! 

I'm amazed at how much the low end changes with timing and head differences.

I'd have thought when you're under lots of load on the dyno you'd be more at the mercy of your turbo rather than head and cams but thats obviously not the case. 

Thanks for posting all the results very interesting to see. 

Yep! found some interesting stuff with the cam timing.  Advancing the inlet cam on this engine is pretty close to how my na engine reacts.  Below is  stock cam timing  vs 12deg inlet advance.   this is with the  193b inlet and stock exhaust cam.  with stock cams all round it acts similar, and strangely enough  12deg advance is what it likes on ether  cam.  and.. my na engine likes about the same numbers too on different cams again.

the internet is kinda right about the overlap and turbo setups.  but seems to be more so opening and shutting the exhaust cam at the right time rather than overlap itself.  the 193b exhaust cam seems to have too much duration get right without taking a massive hit in midrange/lag. advancing the exhaust cam to reduce overlap actually make it worse everywhere..

even with the stock exhaust cam it has  fair amount of overlap.  guessing the exhaust cam is shutting around tdc,  but have 3-4mm lift on the inlet at tdc

690780608_stocktimingvs12deginletadvance193binstockex.jpg.c68c2cffe9a9f27dbc224274c20f77f4.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 01/01/2019 at 18:11, BlownCorona said:

i never realized you had a dyno in your shed. 

shit thats lux, top effort. 

Now this makes alot of sense, have been wondering how you get so much dyno time to swap things out just to see how it goes, good shit!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Need to find a fender deep river to wade through, should rinse off the salt. I love how in all your videos yours is often the only victorious truck on the hard bits, is that flattering editing or are you really just owning the safaris/cruisers (and rangers lols)

• Like 3