KPR's 84 chromelux discussion

Stu

I've just been watching a million docos on WW2 and I feel like if the russians rolled a million 4age powered hiluxes when pushing the krauts back then the war would have been over a million times earlier cos the germans would have just run scared

It sounds like 17 chainsaws  being dropped 8 floors into wet concrete, sensational.

• Like 3

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey kpr ( sorry dont know your name), is it cool if i share this around? over here people will lose their fucking minds that a 1600 with a massive vacuum cleaner will tear up bogs and sound off the chain doing so.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

yeh the 4 link is super solid compared to the leaves.    I've actually had issues with the top 4 link mount, starting to tear itself off  and warping the steel,  so theres plenty of force on it. it bites fairly aggressively once it spits the mud out for the tyres and finds some grip.  rubber bushes on one end of the links, would likely be a bit easier on it.

The front has a torque arm from factory,  but got ditched when i did the high steer.  was expecting it to be a bit sloppy.    Static driveshaft angle is a bit
off, but seems to correct itself ok when under load.   the springs are way too hard, but ditching a leaf or two is going to make the wrapping issue worse.  Silly leaf springs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would 3 link give better clearance?

I know it's more limited than your 4 link, not to mention the side swing. But it must free up more space around the axle?

I don't know it just popped into my head

Look forward to updates as always

Its going to be 3 link, with panhard.  will have a single link that runs above the driveshaft.       it needs to go up fairly high to get the link separation and anti dive numbers where they need to be.  will likely have to notch the drivers footwell 50mm or so, and relocate the engine mount.      plus some other stuff the diff and steering links are going to hit.   most people would just raise the truck up..

at the moment every day i work on it, find another 2 days work

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...