Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, yoeddynz said:

So 10am at Dylans? Will- do you wanna m/bike there and then you can play musical car seats out with us. See if we can rope @Slacker_Sam. to bring along his latest toy- a mighty twinturb FTO with panels in grey primer.

Yep, that sounds ideal for me. Weather looks better in Tap than here I think. 

Very light drizzle her but will still head out because the mullets of the 'wera will soak up the drizzle for us. See you @Willdat? at the @ThePog place. Hopefully @Slacker_Sam. will be coming out to *

Dave @avengertiger might see you out there?

*not coming out like that... we already know his dirty mitsi preferences. But coming out to watch.

Nice morning out peoples. Cheers.  I never realised how long the access road would be nor the climb involved. That place is super ripe for making loads of sweet mtb trails in there!!! When the race track proper gets built its going to be a sweet place to go. Already fizzing at all the possible suitably cheap little cars one could make to have some fun with on that dirt track.

I took some photos....

20210613_105521 (Medium).jpg

20210613_105514 (Medium).jpg

20210613_105430 (Medium).jpg

• Like 5

Yeah this looks like it could be fun and only 2 ish hours away from me 

What are the other classes up from 1300cc ? Where would a 2.5 litre fit ? 
so it’s autocross on a gravel formed track rather than asphalt and cones ? Almost rallycross ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Transom said:

Yeah this looks like it could be fun and only 2 ish hours away from me 

What are the other classes up from 1300cc ? Where would a 2.5 litre fit ? 
so it’s autocross on a gravel formed track rather than asphalt and cones ? Almost rallycross ? 

Class A is 0-1300, B is 1300-1600, anything 4wd is class D... Not 100% on class C but @ynot will know... 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ideas for another Nelson meet. How about a convoy to somewhere for lunch. Maybe we head out to Pelorus bridge?  Sunday 1st of August. Gives people 2 weeks from now to sort their shit out/dust off the classic.

Nice drive/ can test our cars handling prowess at the new 'safe' speed limit of 60kph over the Whangamoas... (I was naughty once and did 65...)

Good cafe with nice food and plenty of parking.

We could hopefully entice young Dylan @dirty_leppa to turn up with his mighty Datto since he lives just up the road from the cafe! :-)

@ynot @Willdat? @Gozza @Slacker_Sam. @avengertiger  @moparmuppet   @CPR Sierra @maxted @Sanfiddy @2sik25 @scooters @Paulluap @AttySlungGatty @dirty_leppa @JasonO @footey @nzvohc @GMH63 @mattj @ThePog @Supercluck

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Ideas for another Nelson meet. How about a convoy to somewhere for lunch. Maybe we head out to Pelorus bridge?  Sunday 1st of August. Gives people 2 weeks from now to sort their shit out/dust off the classic.

Nice drive/ can test our cars handling prowess at the new 'safe' speed limit of 60kph over the Whangamoas... (I was naughty once and did 65...)

Good cafe with nice food and plenty of parking.

We could hopefully entice young Dylan @dirty_leppa to turn up with his mighty Datto since he lives just up the road from the cafe! :-)

@ynot @Willdat? @Gozza @Slacker_Sam. @avengertiger  @moparmuppet   @CPR Sierra @maxted @Sanfiddy @2sik25 @scooters @Paulluap @AttySlungGatty @dirty_leppa @JasonO @footey @nzvohc @GMH63 @mattj @ThePog @Supercluck

@ThePog could use it as an excuse to Dynafari over the Maungatapu. Unfortunately, if the weather is good I'm doing the Rameka/hanging out in Golden Bay. 

• Like 1