Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, footey said:

if we did a grasskana would be need helmet overalls etc etc only thing that has put me off

Helmet we can sort (I have 2 of different sizes, normal and HUGE). The car club has a selection of loaner overalls so not a worry at all.

• Like 1

If anyone is keen the Nelson car club is holding a standing 400m sprint on Redwood Road Oct 1st. Car should be of wof standard or motorsport logbook. Helmet and cotton overalls. A great chance to find out how fast your car really is!

• Like 3

Just now, sidewaysickness said:

That's good to know about the cotton overalls! Does the helmet need to be full face? 

@ThePog I may be able to get my 12 second's back on the sprint haha

I watched the videos, I was impressed that you managed not to spin! I reckon @ThePog could have done with more handbrake. PS Is he bringing guitar to Hanmer/should @scooters bring something too?

I don't think the 400m would be ideal Beagle material. I'm currently saving all my pennies for suspension. Ground clearance vs handling is a conversation I'll no doubt be boring a few of you guys with in a few nights time...

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 18:19, ynot said:

If anyone is keen the Nelson car club is holding a standing 400m sprint on Redwood Road Oct 1st. Car should be of wof standard or motorsport logbook. Helmet and cotton overalls. A great chance to find out how fast your car really is!

Definitely keen on this, I assume details will be posted on the car club Facebook page?

• Like 1

You'll be at the finish line while I'm still spinning up my little 13" wheel creating puffs of smoke.  Maybe a rolling start somewhere. That's where it shines! Once its got the power down. 1st gear is useless and second gear slams the diff head against the tunnel, the prop shaft uni has left marks in the underseal!  Silly rx7 box with its low ratios.

On 8/22/2017 at 22:42, sidewaysickness said:

The beagle would love the 400m sprint, surely the 4 wheel drive would help you launch?

I have gearbox breaking fear - probably even rarer than a BFMR box. The motors are sooooo cheap - mind you it could be a good reason to do a CR-V running gear swap...

Just now, Willdat? said:

I have gearbox breaking fear - probably even rarer than a BFMR box. The motors are sooooo cheap - mind you it could be a good reason to do a CR-V running gear swap...

I wonder if anyone would pick up on CRV undercarriage on a WOF. 

The Rover car club have an all makes car show on this Sunday 3rd (Fathers Day) from 9 or 10ish? Normally about 100 cars. Barry will be there with his wife Doris and his Rover, Mavis. Barry will probably be there too, with his wife Doreen and his Singer Vogue, Edna. You normally see the Holden, Jag, MG , Chrysler clubs + a good mix of Septic, Pom, Euro etc. $5 a car entry it used to be but don't quote me, Im at sea until Saturday.  Someone chase the details and have a yak at the Pub on Thurs night. My cave is just down the road if any non flat peakers wanna look, we could park some cars then shuttle (beagle did I mean?) up the road for an hr?  As you were, Soldier. 

• Like 2