Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If my car makes it it will be piloted by my brother as apparently delivering lost baggage to marahau is more in the interests of the daily running of my business, all was going to plan until, well now I guess but I shall endeavour to make my ugly mug appear throughout the day and check in on the old girl and have a yarn with some fellow old schoolers.

Righto- so this thursday coming we are planning a cruise ending up in the maitai for BBQ. Most likely bbq area will be near the start of the valley as all the other spots further up have been chained off.

Bring sandfly repellent..

Anyway- thinking of meeting at usual spot- The WOW carpark at 6pm. Then cruise through to richmond via bypass, up queenstreet, back to nelson via stroke and cruise through centre of town beeping horns fully naked. This will hopefully attract some publicity for the oldschool cause.

You dont have to beep your horn..its optional.

Any ideas, suggestions etc fire away. Hopefully we may well just have a few extra cars along after handing out flyers at the show. Paul did a stirling job today- he went back to the show and another 30 flyers left his hands. Cheers Paul!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ha- whats Wanaka got that Moutere hasn't eh?.....

Actually.. quite a bit.

So before we get to the pub (which btw is not cheap eating so be prepared to just eat chips like I will be unless you have many disposable pingas)

we will do convoy through some lush driving roads. Shane and I will suss out a route and then plonk it up here. Probably just an hours driving at the very most from Wow to the pub.

Some of you may have noticed I had the corolla for sale at the show and it went on the tard not long after, well to cut a long story short I had a nice old chap give me a large sum of money in exchange for the keys and it sailed off into the sunset on a car trailer, thus creating my lack of ownership of what I would consider an old school vehicle unless of course my 86 vl commodore qualifies.... I eventually will own another old car, I'm just biding my time to find something epic,

Hey firstly..congrats on finding good home for Rolla! Secondly- of course a Vl commy is welcome!

Me, hannah and sam will probably join convoy somewhere closer to wakefield-once route is established eh.

If sam turns up in his rb thingee we will hang back so not to look associated.

Trying to claw dave away from alltrax beer night for this. Must ring andre too.

This is what I am thinking Alex.

Leave WOW and head towards wakefield (could go through stoke/richmond), carry on out to Kohatu Pub and turn to go through tapawera, turn right at woodstock, left at dovedale which is Nuedof Road and that will take us through to upper moutere pub.

sound like a plan?

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/dir/World+of+WearableArt+%26+Classic+Cars+Museum/-41.2674201,173.0067192/@-41.3584585,172.9784015,11z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m10!1m1!1s0x0:0xe69f05a26aa67816!2m2!1d173.238891!2d-41.298903!3m4!1m2!1d172.8371003!2d-41.4562888!3s0x6d3b0be229e84cdf:0x1300ef864c83a291!1m0!3e0

• 2 weeks later...

Our next meet will be graced with the presence of some members from the Christchurch precinct, So Alex and I have decided that we will have a delightful bbq at Kaiteriteri beach on Saturday the 2nd of May.

I will do the usual start point at WOW. 12:00pm

leave around 12.15, cruise out to Kaiteriteri

Alex, how about you organize the Motueka crew to meet at the clock tower at say... 12.30? 

We can then do a larger convoy out to kaiteriteri beach.

Rain location will be at the Riwaka Tavern.  (I wont put that on the FB post)

I only took a few pics of our last meet, which was small but still contained good quality vehicular discussions.

Here are the pics anyway

20150402_193811_zps89mdptnl.jpg

20150402_193738_zpsebiwu6ph.jpg

20150402_180914_zps1zbmoa8i.jpg

20150402_180843_zpszypaxksj.jpg

• Like 4