Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to this and was fairly disappointed, I think there was a lot less numbers than last year but with less time to get shit together was understandable... Didn't take photos either, a. Because I don't know how to upload them so they are here and b. Because I didn't see anything I hadn't already seen before so didn't see much point but all in all it was a good way to pass some time

I think sunday is usually a bigger day.. will be interesting to see what impression the others come back with.

But yeah... anyway.. us oldschoolers cruising over the Takaka hill in March and taking on the might of the Pohara lawn bowls clubs sounds like more fun :-)

Yes. More driving, and driving over an epic hill!

Well.. shall we lock in a date for all of us to play with Alex's bowls? I'm thinking towards the end of the month.

I need to sort it out with the club over there...maybe middle to end of march. Can't rush bowls..

• 2 weeks later...

OK. The first ever great OS lawn bowls meet!!!

I have been in touch with the Pohara bowling club and am awaiting confirmation of a date which works well with them. Looking like about 2-3 weeks time and will be a Sunday. They seem keen and we can muck in with the regulars there for some good laughs. I am sure they'll appreciate a line up of old cars parked outside in the sun.

So the idea is this. Nelson lot could meet at usual place of WOW carpark. Leave at around 10am and pick up the Motueka lot on way through to Takaka. Can meet the Takaka classic car club at Pohara bowling club. Maybe then setup up BBQ for lunch and then spend afternoon learning to bowl like a champ and win Oldschool Nelson bowling bragging rights.

Those with family/kids please bring them along because the beach over the road will be a good place to chill.

I have suggested at this point we might get say twenty people along to have a go. We have some good time at least to rummage up the numbers and get a good crowd over there. Its always well worth the effort just for the drive over that hill anyway!

So please start registering interest here, get your name down and put the word out. Even if you are not keen on having a go at bowling come along because the drive and the venue are great alone.

Photos of relevance..

DSC_9547_zpsadb0c5d3.jpg

[/url]

DSC_9609_zps58eea9cf.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds great! Should we all get hold of full white bowls dress up? Could make for some great photos

I have just confirmed that the date will be the 20th of March :-) We dont have to dress up in whites.. she said it will be mufty. I told here some of us might dress up just for funnier photos.

Rainbow Rage date so I am out - should be sweet though!

No worries- you can come along on the next bowling round and try beat the champion from this round :-)

Will be there if not working, keen on a blast over hill, but wont be partaking in bowls, don't own anything white.

Awesome- yes come along Nick and btw you do have to have a go as I was looking forward to battling you :-)  You don't need whites either so there! Sorted :-)

As for work.. call a sicky!

So anyway folks. Yep date is confirmed for the 20th of March. They have suggested we join them for lunch in the club rooms. I told them Id ask about and that we could still bring the usual bbq so they can use that too. Whos keen on lunch ?

I can let them know closer to the date.

So please put the word out and lets get a good number together for this one. It has all the elements of a good day out!