Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool. Yeah I fancy going along for a look. There's a ford you have to drive through to get into the park? I wonder if its too much for my Imp (especially with all the rain we've had) Might take a Micra if that's the case.

I have been thinking about buying/building a Kohatu suitable mx5, I'm not sure it's the pogmobile.

I wished they would crack on with the actual circuit. I met one of the men on the board the other day, he said it was inching closer.

Alex we can winch it onto the pogmobile for any difficult crossings...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yoeddynz said:

Oh cool. Yeah I fancy going along for a look. There's a ford you have to drive through to get into the park? I wonder if its too much for my Imp (especially with all the rain we've had) Might take a Micra if that's the case.

I'll find out and get back to you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePog said:

I wished they would crack on with the actual circuit. I met one of the men on the board the other day, he said it was inching closer.

Yeah I'd be super keen to build a cheap as race car (probably a Chevette/something small) and have a go.

I always wonder why some of the rich buggers about Nelson/upper south don't throw a bit of money into it. It would be an asset to the Tasman region I think. The plans they have mooted are more than just a race track- mtb tracks too and designed to cater to a family day out.

3 minutes ago, ThePog said:

I have been thinking about buying/building a Kohatu suitable mx5, I'm not sure it's the pogmobile.

Alex we can winch it onto the pogmobile for any difficult crossings...

They've recently gravelled the track, it sounds like there is a lot more traction compared to grass/mud that it had been. 

Access road is fine for your average family wagon/rough MX5, but not for anything low... 

• Like 1

The money is there I think, the delay is the various parties that have objected. It sounded a lot like those hurdles had been overcome...

That X1/9 I had was literally the most fun I have ever had in a vehicle going around Ruapuna, just the fact you could give it everything was a compete joy. Man I gave that thing shit.

• Like 1

It only costs $50 to have some fun. only need  cotton overalls and a good crash helmet.

They are hoping to start building they tarmac track in the next year or so, once the road in is improved and widened so more cars can travel in and out at the same time.

• Like 4

Class A is 0- 1300cc. That's where I play with the Uno, other cars are mid 70sToyota Corolla, early mazda 323, Toyota starlet, Toyota Vitz, and occasionally a  Citroen GSA, Suzuki cappuccino with a 1300 twin cam in it.

Would be great to see a Nissan march rushing around.

• Haha 1