Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get on here from time to time. I'm not usually allowed out on school nights though :(

On 15/07/2017 at 20:45, scooters said:

@Slacker_Sam. my VN needs a new hood lining. It's hanging down so far i'm getting a static charge threw my hair to my brain. Can you help? :-) 

I think you should just pull it all down and roll with that flakey orange/yellow foam stuff that falls down everywhere at the slightest touch.

12 minutes ago, Slacker_Sam. said:

I get on here from time to time. I'm not usually allowed out on school nights though :(

I think you should just pull it all down and roll with that flakey orange/yellow foam stuff that falls down everywhere at the slightest touch.

lucky for you that sweet new car of yours I picked up today has a saggy hoodlining and it's not even a vn!!!

18 minutes ago, Slacker_Sam. said:

:-D I honestly can not think of a better answer.

The whiskey for tonight is Talisker Dark Storm, The colour is golden amber and the nose has an instant interesting mix of rich, earthy smokiness (this is reminiscent of coal tar soap or freshly laid tarmac), bittersweet malty cereals and barley sugar.  The smoke catches the nostrils and has a peppery chili-like edge to it.  As these aromas fade a little, others come through - think of vanilla, honeycomb, caramel, fresh green apple, sultanas and a hint of candied orange and brine.

On the palate, this is initially quite acrid and slightly bitter with a woody, almost charcoal-like edge.  the result is drying and the similar peppery chili note from the nose exaggerates this.  These notes are again reminiscent of hot tar, as on the nose, and wet earth.  After this first blast, the whisky develops in an interesting way and just in time too.  Some much needed sweetness comes through in the form of butterscotch, vanilla, golden syrup, malted barley plus some dried fruits (think especially of raisins, sultanas, candied orange and apricots).  Two lovely notes appear towards the end and work well hand in hand with the others present - salted caramel and toasted nuts.  A final sprinkle of earthy ginger powder completes the jigsaw.

The finish is long and smoulders away for ages.  The initial sweetness (the barley, honey, syrup and fruit) fade first, followed by the notes of salted caramel and toasted nuts.  It is the warming, acrid and spicy smoke that lasts longest.  This has an ultimately drying effect, which makes you want to reach for a sip of water or another sip of the whisky.

Haha these reviews always crack me up!

See you all tonight

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sidewaysickness said:

The whiskey for tonight is Talisker Dark Storm, The colour is golden amber and the nose has an instant interesting mix of rich, earthy smokiness (this is reminiscent of coal tar soap or freshly laid tarmac), bittersweet malty cereals and barley sugar.  The smoke catches the nostrils and has a peppery chili-like edge to it.  As these aromas fade a little, others come through - think of vanilla, honeycomb, caramel, fresh green apple, sultanas and a hint of candied orange and brine.

On the palate, this is initially quite acrid and slightly bitter with a woody, almost charcoal-like edge.  the result is drying and the similar peppery chili note from the nose exaggerates this.  These notes are again reminiscent of hot tar, as on the nose, and wet earth.  After this first blast, the whisky develops in an interesting way and just in time too.  Some much needed sweetness comes through in the form of butterscotch, vanilla, golden syrup, malted barley plus some dried fruits (think especially of raisins, sultanas, candied orange and apricots).  Two lovely notes appear towards the end and work well hand in hand with the others present - salted caramel and toasted nuts.  A final sprinkle of earthy ginger powder completes the jigsaw.

The finish is long and smoulders away for ages.  The initial sweetness (the barley, honey, syrup and fruit) fade first, followed by the notes of salted caramel and toasted nuts.  It is the warming, acrid and spicy smoke that lasts longest.  This has an ultimately drying effect, which makes you want to reach for a sip of water or another sip of the whisky.

Haha these reviews always crack me up!

See you all tonight

Shit, that sounds like a 3 course meal. Breakfast drink of champions?  I unfortunately will not be on the hard until tomorrow. Verysuckymoto.

• Like 1

@yoeddynz Hey Alex here is how a megasquirt looks after dead time. cut/paste example. "Megasquirt uses 0.2ms per volt as its standard constant. So for each volt the opening time is reduced by 0.2ms... (and seeing as we love examples!) An injector dead time of 1.1ms @13.2V and a voltage correction value of 0.2ms/V would change to 1.3ms @12.2V and 0.9ms @ 14.2 volts...." crude but effective. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so our next meet will be Thursday the 31st of August. 6pm at the good old moutere inn. I must say the location seems to be working out quite well, it really is a great little pub.

I will try to get some photos now that there's a little more sunlight in the day.

Oldschool Nelson has also been asked if we would like to do a meet with the Nelson Car Club at a motorkahna or grasskahna event. A few of us have been to a couple of these events and its great fun! So whats the general consensus on this? Are you guys and girls interested in hooning your oldschool car? or any car/work truck for that matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidewaysickness said:

Alright so our next meet will be Thursday the 31st of August. 6pm at the good old moutere inn. I must say the location seems to be working out quite well, it really is a great little pub.

I will try to get some photos now that there's a little more sunlight in the day.

Oldschool Nelson has also been asked if we would like to do a meet with the Nelson Car Club at a motorkahna or grasskahna event. A few of us have been to a couple of these events and its great fun! So whats the general consensus on this? Are you guys and girls interested in hooning your oldschool car? or any car/work truck for that matter.

Beagle isn't oldschool  - but super keen. Rock Auto is currently sending me all the parts I need to win the next event...

• Like 1