Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

Hi Nelson Old School, next weekend July 8the Nelson Car Club is running a Rally and we need Block Marshalls. This will be the ONLY way to see the rally cars in action as the is NO spectator watching-(- safety plan gets very complicated and costs go up). If you are keen please contact Phil Collins on 022 049 0884  there will be a training nite on Thursday.

Cheers Tony

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey crew I was one of the noobs I was with vaughn..(mopar muppet) was good to hang out with you guys. 

You need to see what Mopar muppet is up to. He doesn't post photos yet but he is a hell man hot rodder think v10's plymouth and chrysler from ass hole to breakfast time. His shed is nearly x2 of my house. 

anyway i'll get my hand off it. 

I think all the lads the AW11 and starlet and cef etc were friends with Robert. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sidewaysickness said:

Oh I've seen inside Vaughn's sheds, it's filled with cool shit. Even blasted around the paddock in a pajero that has more rust than it has Mitsibishi. 

Good times!

Yea untill........ the battery exploded in it and sent acid plastic all directions. How do you know him?? Fishing?

2 minutes ago, scooters said:

Yea untill........ the battery exploded in it and sent acid plastic all directions. How do you know him?? Fishing?

Hahaha sounds about right. Oh shit that's right, the battery was inside the truck wasn't it?

I met him through a friend, but we do have marine engineering in common.

Definitely a great guy with plenty of knowledge. 

@moparmuppet would you be interested in doing a meet in your shed one day? It will only be members that are here, not posted on fb.

12 minutes ago, sidewaysickness said:

Hahaha sounds about right. Oh shit that's right, the battery was inside the truck wasn't it?

I met him through a friend, but we do have marine engineering in common.

Definitely a great guy with plenty of knowledge. 

@moparmuppet would you be interested in doing a meet in your shed one day? It will only be members that are here, not posted on fb.

Good idea. He will be bang up for it.

• Like 1

I've got a shed full of shite. Nothing gets worked on. Every project is stalled! I guess being away a lot, and kids first when I am home means the shed is last cab off the rank. Still. After talking to Alex and Hannah at the pub, I am thinking, would less projects give me more focus? Dunno. Maybe change my username to Gunna. 

I'm not a flatpeaker sort of bloke and don't do facestalk. Obviously, being away a bit makes things hard to plan ahead too, but we can probably sort something for sept-oct when stuff settles down with work. I may even introduce myself on the board if Scott shows me how. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, moparmuppet said:

I've got a shed full of shite. Nothing gets worked on. Every project is stalled! I guess being away a lot, and kids first when I am home means the shed is last cab off the rank. Still. After talking to Alex and Hannah at the pub, I am thinking, would less projects give me more focus? Dunno. Maybe change my username to Gunna. 

I'm not a flatpeaker sort of bloke and don't do facestalk. Obviously, being away a bit makes things hard to plan ahead too, but we can probably sort something for sept-oct when stuff settles down with work. I may even introduce myself on the board if Scott shows me how. 

Thats about the best intro we could expect outta you I reckon. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moparmuppet said:

To be honest, most of this quote means you'll just fit in with the rest of us and our various inadequacies better. @sidewaysicknessis as good as you'll get to an 'OS first' guy locally, the rest of us just make it when we can, which is pretty much a Nelson lifestyle slogan! Would be great to meet up when it suits.

Will try and drag @scootersdown to Hanmer at the end of August for the real eye opener. We can take MTB bikes too which @yoeddynz won't like because our wheels are too big and have too few gears.

• Like 1

Will pretty much nailed it. My tenancy agreement came up the day, which made me realize that I haven't touched the LTD in 6 months (other than running my hand down her body lines as I walk down the shed). 

If you were to trim down on your projects, what would you sell? I get the impression that your wife's Caddy is your least favorite car? 

I would be happy to take the toyota hemi off your hands Hahaha. 

@Willdat? maybe you could change your bike wheels to modgies to get Alex's approval?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, scooters said:

@Willdat? i havnt turned the cranks in ages.since start of winter Iv got a tubeless front tyre that i just can not seam to get to hold air. 

So thats on the shit list too

More fluid? New top of Silvan would really suit your bike, much more aggressive corners than what's below. Good fun.

Our next meet is at the Moutere Inn on Thursday the 27th July at 6pm.

It's whiskey and cigar night again so dust off your whiskey jackets and come along.

I'll definitely participate in the whiskey but not so much the cigars this time, I didn't really enjoy the after taste. 

See you all there!

• Like 3