Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

On 16/02/2017 at 07:30, Willdat? said:

A perfect storm of events means I'll be unlikely to make the whole thing - anniversary the night before combined with my older boy's birthday party in the afternoon.

Bring Luka along to event, give him $10 for birthday and see what he buys. He can amaze his mates at party with awesome collection of manky old hubcap, a magazine from 1973 and a set of points for a unknown car.

• Like 3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'll be along in The pogs super snipe, and he will try his best to get the bus into the grounds, Just say it's for sale or something. 

Even if the Civilian is out in the carpark it will make for a great spot to meet everyone at/possibly a dry place to chill also. It's fully equipped with cooking facilities so we can still wrangle up a bbq... of some sort. 

So for those who don't know, this is the said bus

20160905_150310_zpshj3xg0nt.jpg

See you guys there!

• Like 2

That was pretty fun. Good to put a few more names to faces and learn about the Blenheim Thermet Society...

I had a good yarn with the Barry that owned the Austin 7 Ruby and even got to fold myself into it. 

A+ would trade again, even though I bought nothing...

• Like 1

Right! So as previously discussed our next meet will be at the Classic boat show at St Arnaud, be prepared for a whole different breed of Barrys.

It is on both Saturday and Sunday but I think Sunday will suit more people, its a fairly early meet and the plan is to meet at Kohatu junction at 9am and convoy out to the lakes.

Hopefully the Pog (President of the Tasman Bay Thermette Appreciation Society) can make it in the mobile regional headquarters. I think every meet nationwide should have at least one bus as its really proved to be extremely handy! 

See all you fellahs and fellahess's there!!

• Like 2

We plan to get to the  boat show, always worth the drive and a look around. What day is everyone thinking? It's on Sat & Sun.

Blenheim Hospice Classic Car Show is the following Sunday 12th too Went last year for the first time and was impressed with the turn out, plan to go again this year with the Firenza. Anybody else making the trip?

I thought we were planning on going on Saturday. Hannah and I want to take mtbs and ride the trails there so heading up early then enjoy the boat show through the afternoon. Saturday would be better for this as I see people leaving from sunday afternoon.

Ben, Will, Jase- you keen on a decent ride of those teetotal trails?

I think Sunday is best as it opens it up to the people working Saturday. It's an early meet so that we can see the boats before those people leave and I'm kinda planning to be leaving by mid afternoon anyway. 

I am willing to change it if we get enough people voting Saturday.

Thoughts everyone? What day works for you?

10 hours ago, yoeddynz said:

Ben, Will, Jase- you keen on a decent ride of those teetotal trails?

Beagle is out of action for the moment - mind you - new engine should be here for the CL50 tomorrow (I hope) so I'm probably out of luck riding MTBwise...

Sunday probably works better for me. But I also probably need a ride, so beggars can't be choosers!

10 hours ago, sidewaysickness said:

What day?