Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely keen on the classic boats, missed out last year but been to quite a few now. 

So Pohara bowls club for April meet?

Right so our next meet will be at the Nelson vintage swap meet at the speedway.

Saturday 18th February

I will be there from around 9am to scrounge around the place/ laugh at grown men hustling to get the bargains. BBQ will be fired up around 12 so bring along something to throw on. 

I'll ring the organizers about cars for sale, hopefully they don't charge for that (and it's a good way to smuggle in the BBQ)

Does anyone have a marquee I could borrow? Or even a large umbrella as it can get bloody hot out there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sidewaysickness said:

I'm definitely keen on the classic boats

Not been following this thread sorry.

But visited St Arnaud over the break (Future classic Mk2 Wanaka holiday spot IMO) and this sounds rad: 

http://www.nzclassicboats.com/showschedule

Edit check out the photos looks amazing!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah man... lawn bowls !!!!! Where grown men become... slightly drunk grown men on smooth grass with balls.

April will be good as much quieter there. I'm keen on going over the day before and camping somewhere.

Classic boat show will be great. We should enter a boat. An oldschool dingy for the British seagull race. I've got the outboard. Fully untested.. so perfect.

• Like 1

@Will, Ben and Dylan (Edit; and you too Mr Smith.. you can borrow a mtb from me). Could go the day before the St Arnaud boat show and do some mtbing at the tracks there. Camp the night. Drink tea etc.

Just looked up show registration. $40 for two people and one boat. (I imagine free for spectators)

We'll have to get that seagull going.