Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, Sorry people for being slack on all this.

So we will aim to get to Rabbit island around lunchtime 12pm.

Motueka people meet at the clock tower/repco with the cruise over leaving around 11.30am

Nelson people meet at wow with the cruise leaving around 11.45

We will try get one of those public BBQs there but I'll bring old betsy as backup.

See you all there!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It was another good turn out today. As always at Nelson meets, a very eclectic mix.

20161211_124239.jpg

20161211_124305.jpg

It was cool to see Matt rotary Anglia in the flesh after following its build for ages. Even better was to get to drive it! Cheers man. It's everything a rotary Anglia should be including fuel smells and noise. I burnt my foot on the floor pan above the exhaust ! :-)
Cool to see Dylans bus build. Good use of space. Just needs wall to wall fluffy carpet.
I got to marvel at the super rare Twincam Beagle owned and tuned by Will.

Amazing to see Dave the Irish Avenger finally turn up to an event in a classic of his own, a Hillman Avenger of course,  with the coolest 80's add on power window that kept many grown men amused for ages...

20161211_132947.jpg

I was also quite smitten with the noise and smoothness of Shanes m50 powered Bmw which he also kindly let me drive to the limiter. Will be such a good engine choice for Hannahs Trump wagon. Speaking of wagons.. mine made it along with the careful hands of Sam who I think was blown away with both the pace and the grace of such a refined piece of machinery. 

Or maybe not..

Another Viva turned up just before we were about to leave so I got a photo of this rare sight..

20161211_143422.jpg

I didn't take many photos so hopefully Shane etc has some more to put up?.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I was thinking late Jan, but we may as well come up with a plan.

I see the swap meet at the speedway is early February. We could do another meet there? 

Also as Alex suggested, the Pohara bowls club was a fun activity to do... but I do want to save the hill drive for when I have a license  (end of Jan).

Otherwise throw us your suggestions/thoughts/fetishes

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sidewaysickness said:

Yes I was thinking late Jan, but we may as well come up with a plan.

I see the swap meet at the speedway is early February. We could do another meet there? 

Also as Alex suggested, the Pohara bowls club was a fun activity to do... but I do want to save the hill drive for when I have a license  (end of Jan).

Otherwise throw us your suggestions/thoughts/fetishes

The swap meet meet is a good idea.

• Like 1