Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

I happen to be taking the weekend off and staying at the mother in laws cabin in St Arnaud so don't really have any reason why I can't be in attendance for this, all going to plan the trumpy will play ball and I will have that in attendance also,

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for porsches! Yeah hopefully Sam will be along again plus Andre in his not so fast but very tidy E28 bimmer. Might also be a chevette too- so there is the European element sorted...

Don't you know that I have added big shiney wheels and a tail to the whale shark? So it must go lots faster now...

• Like 1

So I've been and tested out the coffee machine and fire and if I could like them I would...... And this has nothing to do with the fact that I could have sworn that id read our meet was today... And to think I've got 20/20 vision

Yet another quality meet, I really love how the Nelson region has so many great places to cruise to via sweet sweet roads.

Tophouse Inn served good coffee and food, and has an interesting past. (google Tophouse tragedy)

20150802_130530_zps1fb4ifj8.jpg

20150802_123951_zpsoygc48sy.jpg

I was semi interested in this Honda, but then I realized it was auto.... and it was missing its tow hook cover

20150802_101056_zps3ctcucrf.jpg

All was cool until this duck turned up, taking away peoples choice, best paint, best styling and most slam.

20150802_130729_zpsi4tmdwwd.jpg

Our next meet will be at the Pigeon Valley steam museum to coincide with a car show there. Maybe we should get the South islands oldschool banner sent up? 

• Like 4

Was indeed another nice meet and a good day out. However it didn't start too well for some. Check out Tonys face here...

20150802_093714.jpg

When he discovered his Fiat X19 did this at the Motueka Repco carpark before even heading off to Nelson..

20150802_093703.jpg

which left this..

20150802_093939.jpg

But he jumped into another car and still came along for the day!

Some of the cars on the way there..

20150802_110651.jpg

That little stylish duck...

20150802_130651.jpg

• Like 3

6th September: Classic & Collectable Show Day, hosted by the Rover Car Club Nelson (Inc) at Higgins Park, Pigeon Valley Steam Museum, Wakefield from 10am. All Classic vehicles welcome and usually over 300 catered for.

$5 entry for car incl’ occupants. Morning and afternoon tea and a BBQ lunch available. Steam Museum rides, Transport Museum, Farming Museum, Saw Mill and of course many interesting vehicles.

A great social meeting and a good time for the first run after the winter for many Classic Cars.

Hey rather than just our lining cars up maybe we should sort out some sort of theme or display idea. Make us stand out and gather more interest.

Too much work?

We could think of ideas at hanmer but that will only give us a week after to sort out anything before the show.

• 3 weeks later...