Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

I'm direly trying to get the not so reliable old trumpy running again so I can attend this, it was running like two sacks of shit, then it wasn't running at all.... Nothing like 5 day deadline to get my shit together, but I wouldn't hold your breath folks, I've been worse than useless at attending meets so far but who knows I might just pull through this time

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Sam's old blue one with the multi color door scheme, it's currently thinking about what it's done at my brother in laws house, and here's hoping I can have it running by Saturday, all things go going to plan

I think I it's a fuel issue, it would cough and stutter under bugger all load while cruising, then it just stopped and wouldn't start again, I had considered the hammer idea myself but couldn't bring myself to abusing such a fine piece of motoring equipment, I swear if it had a k motor in it I'd have it running again with duct tape and cable ties, but it's blmc so I naturally know nothing about it haha, any help is greatly appreciated though

Ok- pm me your phone number and when I know I'm coming into nelson ill message you beforehand. Can have a look.

Start a thread in tech- theres quite a few of us triumph fans and someone might know instantly what it is.

Good luck with laser. Maybe next trip.

Looking good for today. It's all on. Going to be sunny. Expect possible ice on some corners though...

So plan still is this. Nelsonians meet at wow museum carpark from 10 am. Leave there at 10.30 and cruise to Motueka to meet the Mot crew at Repco carpark around 11am. Then onwards and over the hill to Takaka. Could stop just on other side from top at lookout for some photos of lineup.

Lunch at wholemeal cafe so park up out the back-plenty of space. After lunch we are hoping to cruise out to local private museum for a gander at stuff some fella has collected. But really it's cruising that hill and good food that's the main thing.

See ya there.

Todays meet was awesome. Thanks to those that made it along. Thanks to those that attempted to make it along but their Russian cars lived up to the hype and left them..dry.....:-)

It was quite a misty mountain crossing both ways and the road was mega slippery. This made for some very fun antics. I spent my driving the Viva chasing Sam in his E30 as we both pushed the limits of our open diffs. We all stopped not far from the top at a view point which gave us all fantastic views of clouds. Stopped again at another view point on the other side and more clouds. Then continued down and cruised along from the bottom to Takaka where we met the local group. Big nom nom nom in the wholemeal cafe which never lets me down for both coffee and grub. Lots of car banter mainly revolved around handling, racetracks, racecars, traction and lack of in old cars and it was all good. Then we joined the local group and cruised in convoy out to a local private museum. This was an awesome place and had so much more interesting stuff then I ever imagined. Hell- it started off with the first display being bloody machine guns from the first and second world wars! Man- all I could think of was how cool this place would be for a big OS group visit. It just got better and better. old army trucks, a Bren gun carrier, army memorabilia, rows of sweet old army rifles, heaps of old radios and records and then old motorbikes. like heaps of them. Anything old, random interesting squeezed in all the gaps between. One of those places you know you have to come back to and properly soak in all the details. The owner is a cool fella and just obviously loves seeing peoples delight in such treasures.

We said our goodbyes to the Takaka group and they promised to make it to the next meet in a months time over to Pelorus bridge. Then we cruised back and hit that hill. Even more misty and man it was fun. Very sketchy but very fun. Yep- both Hannah have had a good day out- very much looking forward to next cruise!

Lots of photos were taken by others so please throw them up here- especially museum ones because so many cool things to see. These are my phone efforts..

20150606_111122.jpg

20150606_114837.jpg

20150606_120234.jpg

This one...note Shane thinking..'Yeah..yeah one day Im gonna get me a Holden. So cool!"

20150606_135336.jpg

20150606_135510.jpg

This next one.. a Bren gun carrier powered by a flat head ford V8. Lush.

20150606_140520.jpg

20150606_140702.jpg

20150606_141136.jpg

20150606_141150.jpg

20150606_141259.jpg

20150606_141351.jpg

20150606_141505.jpg

20150606_141516.jpg

20150606_141911.jpg

20150606_142000.jpg

20150606_141711.jpg

20150606_141847.jpg

20150606_141900.jpg

20150606_142018.jpg

20150606_144716.jpg

20150606_160254.jpg

• Like 7

I had an awesome day including driving (and being driven in) the Fiat X19.  Such a fun car.  The museum had a very eclectic mix of exhibits and just so many of them that a second visit is definitely required.  Here are some of my point and shoot images:

The first part of the museum is housed in the old Takaka jail:

P1030358.jpg

P1030361.jpg

P1030362.jpg

This lady is sitting casually amongst the army trucks:

P1030364.jpg

Imagine how long it would have taken to set up this display:

P1030370.jpg

There are little stories and information panels dotted around the place.  This was my favourite (the one about pens and death was a classic too but I didn't get a photo):

P1030371.jpg

• Like 2

farrrrrrrk, i always miss out on the fun stuff, maybe one day ill get the jalopy together and itll run for at least half of the time im out in it, looks like you all had fun, definately have to make the next meet

• Like 1

I almost made it to the top of the Hill. Almost!! Green water started hemorrhaging out of everywhere so I made the wise choice to turn around and coast back before I landed myself in a world of hurt. Lada life.

Doing it properly by the book as written by Lada.