Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the awesome meet guys, it was great to come along.

The cortina ran awesome until on the way home it started hemorrhaging oil (alot more than a pinto usually does) it limped back into the dull cloudy skies of chch with very little oil left and running like crap. I guess this weekend coming will be spent fixing it.

Here...my few photos.

20150502_130820_1.jpg

I see Karl's Torana hatch there parked by your Viva Alex. A very impressive piece of work that is (I got the supra box from that car to go in mine one day lol).

Is he a member on here or just a mate of a member? Would be good to see him here as he has done some pretty cool things to that car over the years  :)

I took very little pics also, must be the sign of a great meet? too busy talking shit and stuffing my mouth with meat. Was a really good turnout, even though a few cars stayed at the wow carpark. 

Alex didn't you take a video of us rolling past?

Here's my motherload anyway

20150502_131504_zpsyv02t5qc.jpg

20150502_131534_zpsadtuvyrm.jpg

yea.... thats it   

pic fail

• 3 weeks later...

OK so next meet we are planning a run over the hill to Takaka on Saturday the 6th of June. Then either head out to a cafe in Pohara, or park up in town for lunch at wholemeal cafe or maybe find a decent location for a BBQ. Ideas would be great. The main thing is its an excuse to go for a decent drive over the hill.

Its looking like we might arrange the meeting point to be at Repco carpark in Motueka. For those folks driving in from Nelson you could always arrange to meet at the wow museum carpark like usual. It takes about, say maybe 1.5 hours to drive the 100km from WOW to Takaka so thinking aiming to arrive in Takaka around 12. Meet up in Mot would be at 11am then. Those in Nelson leave about 10.30.

Its gonna all be very relaxed and details not set in stone so far so any ideas put them here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update for next weekends coming run to takaka is .. we parking up out the back of wholemeal cafe. Lunch there. Then a possible run out to a local museum or out to Bainham store. This is to be confirmed. For me next Saturday will be all about driving the hill and food at that cafe which never ever let's me down. Anything else is a bonus.

• Like 1