Nelson Area meets. Sunday 1st August- drive to Pelorus bridge for lunch..

Hello and welcome Nelsonians. We have a regular monthly meet up - usually nearer the end of the month. We will most likely meet up at the WOW museum carpark and go on to somewhere from there. But this may well change depending on many things.

With this in mind please go to last page for latest info on this months meet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Top tips for monthly meet success:

- just pick a day every month and a location

- stick to it

- as long as there is a handful of regulars it will succeed.

End.

This. And don't try please everyone because you cant.  Pick a date and stick with it.

• Like 1

I apologise in advance for being so slack! 

Yes I'm very keen on a monthly meet. I was speaking to VivaGT (Andre) about it a while back. Plenty of sweet oldschool cars about so could possibly rustle up more local members . I have a pile of oldschool stickers that have yet to find a home too. We have without a doubt the best weather and scenery in NZ.. shame to waste it. :-)

I'm not usually free at weekends at the mo tho. Always cutting gorse or blackberry.. so I'm keen on a week night especially as the daylight is getting better. But if everyone wants to do a weekend date then I can make it once a month. Like Andrew said- you'll never please everyone anyway.

Where? A decent pub with good parking that's easy to get to. Hannah reckons the Honest lawyer? Has good parking. But we could change the location anytime eh. Ideas? Can discuss ideas with Will soon  ( at school....shudder)

I'm also keen on doing a late summer OS meet at Marahau. Sort of replicate the nats but with less people keeping it chilled and simple. no need for marquee etc Do another run over the hill plus other roads because they are such sweet driving.

EDIT: the honest lawyer even has parking on the lawns for our cars/bikes.   Sweet....

honest_lawyer_exterior_01.jpg
upload photos

• Like 1

^^^ I concur with all of the above! ^^^

I think keep the date the same and discuss locations. I guess even a day trip to the lakes sometime, shower in insect repellant, crank up the bbq etc

edit: I also think that while an OS steed is encouraged, it is not mandatory.... but they must travel at the back of the pack sucking in all the burnt fossil fuels.

• Like 2

another tip from a fellow area rep, start small (ie just start a monthly catchup) and work from there. Otherwise people will just rattle off all these sweet ideas for meets but nothing eventuates.

So pick a bar, pick a date, pick a time.

Go!

• Like 2

Ok cool. How about Thursday night then.  How about next week? I'm not sure if I'll have the Viva back then but I can bring our classic 4wd hiace.......

......(Or I could quickly buy another oldschool car....or I could get Will to buy a oldschool car and go with him.)

• Like 1