Bombsquad's International Firetruck

CaMpylobacter

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44675-bombsquads-88-international-firetruck-maximumhose/#entry1370496

^ link to thread. 

bugger making this other projects. the design dates back to forever ago so it's o/s as fook. 

AWESOME machine man! These thigns are badass!!!!

is it on 11R22.5 Tyres? what's the road speed like? 

s-cam brakes or is it on that weird eaton stopmaster expander stz?

Keep the artillarys, man! Will look oddball as piss on 10 studders! 

I'll ask a chap I know if he still has altered offset artillary fronts that he was looking to flick recently. (i think they're for super singles (11.75" i think) but he went to 0 offset 8.75/standard width).

badass!

IMO single stack, and an air intake stack behind the cab to match would be the go. 

so jealous!!!!!!!

edit: txtd the wheels chap and he's sold them. I know of another joker that may have some so will keep my eye out for him in popping past work in the next week or two.

• Like 1

Wow.

Have you looked into vinyl wrapping this vs painting?

Also, reset the leaves with Archers in Rotorua. Slammed matty b firetruck would blow my mind.

Artillery wheels can look pretty sweet. Especially with chrome barrels.

xPeterbilt+MYPBLT.jpg

Some offset Alcoas would look boss though.

Get rid of the artilleries, they're a pain in the ass. (I'm a commercial tyre fitter.)  Upgrading to 10stud hubs also gives you better brake options if you planned to upgrade them.

If you plan to fill use it as a water truck, you won't get away with super singles on the rear, they're aren't allowed to carry that sort of weight on NZ Roads.  Just put super singles on the front, and put 295/80's on the rear for the more staunch look.  (385/65 front)

TWL/Transpecs or Mikes Transport Warehouse in Hamilton can quite possibly supply new super single artillery wheels though.

Also, this is fucking cool!

Edit/// I outfitted this tow truck with the tyre and wheel combination on it.  385/65R22.5 steers on 22.5x11.75" wheels and 295/80R22.5 drives on 22.5x8.25 wheels.

http://www.rotoruatowing.com/#!War-Machine-tow-truck/zoom/cypg/image11i3

Lol cheers guys,

Cam, I will keep the artilleries if i do find some better offset barrels for cheap and fit super singles but on the whole I dislike them immensely. 

The road speed is topped out at about 90kph, i will fit an Eaton two speed diff at some point (some of them came with them factory but this one is just normal) which will hopefully give me an extra 20k but tbh its not to bad and i don't drive it far enough to ever really complain.

Also as is it uses fuckall gas, cost me $50 to get from to Tga to Thames, over to Miranda and back to Hamilton.

Spiderwebfx I was under the impression you could run a super wide SS rear that replaces the regular duel on a tractor unit (have seen them on trade me) and would get away with it since I'm only stickered for a load of about 5 tonne.

The Guys at MTW love it by the way

Sparkle I have considered lowering it but decided against it as it is a work truck at the end of the day and still does need to go off road and cart a fair bit of weight.

Ahh if it's stickered for 5 tonne it'll be fine, I thought they were higher than that.  SS's will allow you to be rated up to 7tonne.  It may still be a bit tricky to find a SS drive tyre to suit though.  They're aren't very common in NZ.

Unless you're interested in these: http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/trucks/parts-accessories/auction-764141709.htm Not really a full drive tyre pattern, but there's not a huge amount of options here.  In Europe and US they're everywhere with 495/45r22.5's.