Maxteds 1969 mazda B1500

maxted

Oh sweet just had a bit of a trawl through some b1600 photos and I can see what you mean!

I used to think that some of the wellsides looked s bit funny and now I know why. I think the same thing happened with some of the early hiluxes too - there are wellsides that are a bit boxier and don't carry the body lines as fluidly.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah mate pretty happy its getting close to being on the road, not to long now I'm guessing a couple of months, still needs a bit of wiring done and heaps of smaller jobs, good motivation seeing it all together now

• 2 weeks later...

Your seat looks awesome, re-trimmed?

Autodec carpets are pretty good. I think (from memory) it's $185 for a carpet set for the B1600 and it is an exact reproduction of the original. They can do it in almost any colour you like and it usually takes about 2 weeks. They are also really good in that if you need it tweaked they are always happy to do so etc.

yeah mate got it re-trimmed really stoked with how it turned out, yeah they said $180 i thought that was pretty reasonable will get one on the way

Cheers Snoozin, yeah mate it sure is getting pretty close now looking forward to putting some km's on it, been missing having a older car that goes

choice mr.mk1 two happy customers has to be a good thing!

12a2nv- cheers mate, good motivation to get some stuff done to update the thread haha

rob.121- thanks man, i just used a universal rubber bush from the mount shop i think it was called kit 2 and just new bolts and washers from blacks fasteners, the old rubbers were naffed and these ones squeezed up nicely and semi located in the chassis, then have used pieces of rubber cut into squares on the well side and it sits even and and body lines up good

• 1 month later...

Hey. Really like where this is going. I have one awaiting some work. But am unsure how to get it sitting right. The white one you purchased looks to be sitting a fair bit lower than standard. Can I ask what has been used in the front end?

cheers man, nice should chuck up a thread with your progress need more old mazda utes on here for motivation! that chassis it was on had qa1 coil overs in the front in modified shock towers in the chassis hence the holes in the inner guards and reset 2" leaves with 2"blocks in the rear.