Maxteds 1969 mazda B1500

maxted

just caught up with this now. good decision staying with the old engine, looking at the pics of the block makes me wonder what are the differences between an na and an ma block, just bore size? you could then just bore it and put ma internals in..

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers, yeah far easier to get it on the road than going down the mx5 engine route, i know the MA is a taller engine so must have a longer stroke. I'm pretty happy with how it goes, runs really good, id like to replace the gearbox with a mx5 one or get one of mine rebuilt as the one in it is a bit noisey. you don't know of anyone worth trying for a round port manifold? I'm almost thinking maybe should get some headers made. 

yeah i don't know what the story is but the head is round port, are the 121 boxes the same size as 626? its a pretty snug fit in the tunnel. you don't need a spare MA engine?

Yeah, they aren't massive box.. set up for a vc tho as I had to do a little machining to get an MA flywheel into mine, few and far between tho. In saying that there's an rx5 box on the tard, haven't seen a 626 box come up in a long time..

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

thanks mate! looking forward to using it again soon.

sorry the interior light cover is completely missing in the parts ute, I possibly could track down a new one from a guy overseas I've got a few things through if you would like?

• 2 weeks later...

@WLDRX2 sorry mate couldn't track down a lense cover, if I come across one or anyone stripping one ill get in touch

@triumph...tristan only just saw your question sorry, I used Repco, Bnt and the mount shop between those three I managed to source everything I needed. I was working in a workshop at the time and got on well with the parts rep's and usually got them to track down what I needed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...