Maxteds 1969 mazda B1500

maxted

I too have thought of the mx5 swap albeit with a bp/6speed.. funds dictate I stick with what I have. Ma's go quite well when you put a bit of time into them. The hoarder in me is also thinking about about your left over engines, need to slap my face haha

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i was going to stick with the MA/VC/NA but fortunately found one in my price range as I'm on the same shoestring budget especially after acquiring a mortgage, luckily the dude selling the motor is doing the same v6 swap like alexs viva so i could give him a s1 rx7 box to aid his conversion. 

yeah its handy to have spares, the VC engine is a goody 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yetch- yeah thats the one i was putting together that had a bit of a freshen up, but i think its more than likely found a new home if the freight price is not too much.

Alex- unfortunately I won't be able to make it this sunday! I'm hoping someone takes some photos of the museum i haven't been there before sounds cool, we were away for the long weekend down hammer so trying to catch up on jobs so i can get this engine in sometime soon!

• 5 months later...

hey man nah i didn't but it does fit easy I've seen a couple with them in, i have some photos ect of mounts ect, I would still love to put one in mine one day but I'm going to be going overseas early next year so realistically i don't have the time or money to do it, if your keen on a motor i have a 1600 mx5 b6 

degreased it, water blasted it, then picked any left over crap off it and another clean, it came up alright i was going to paint it but it looked all good so i left it. yeah just replaced the nuts and bolts for new ones, blacks fasteners were really good for that if you have one local to you,