Maxteds 1969 mazda B1500

maxted

Just trying to figure out the loading of photos, seems to hang when I try attach an image. do you have an email acc I can sent a pdf to as I drew it up in auto cad for the dimensions.

I try starting up a thread, very busy here tho, but ja, managed to get it started last night.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I am not familiar with those after market chinese carbys but I reckon you would be better off using a genuine Mazda original carb, cleaning it then putting a kit through it to be honest.

At least it will be jetted correctly and should run nicely. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dory72- no worries, i used those eze strip discs on a 125mm grinder just being careful not too put too much heat in the panels and warp it. very messy and time consuming!

Minime- i decided to have a crack at it myself fingers crossed i don't mess it up!

• 4 weeks later...

Mate check your plug leads they look like they out of order. Mine was the same run ok but smoked for 4 years then after a tune up found that plug leads mixed up sorted that smoking cleared. Looking at you pic #3 is where #1 is on mine

i thought i had it correct as firing order is 1-3-4-2? it does run fine but is smokey

I have 2 &3 crossed and it ran good but smokey.

In the finish I took rocker cover off to check number 1 opening and set timing from there. That was 180 out.

• 2 months later...

Awesome to see this, I know your brother guessing you in nelson as well? Would love to come see this ute. I'm bagging and putting 12a in my b1600 at moment I brought another one for the cab and turns out its a 1500 so am going to have to rub it but quite like the look of the 1500 front, also wondering if you have your 1500 front end parts still since you used the 1600 cab?

• 3 months later...

yeah its a cool conversion a friend has already done it before and it worked really well, i still have photos of his mounts ect looked rather simple. they go well for what they are, wheres the thread on your ute mate I've been waiting awhile? 

• Like 1