D1RTY6's 1980 Rx7 Rice Rocket

D1RTY6

Useless fact of the night I just remembered, Savannas have the radio aerial in the windscreen, and I've heard something about the doors either having or not having side intrusion bars (they have the opposite of what the rest of the world got, I forget which way around this is and not sure if legit info or not).

also, WHOOP WOF, I vote keep those wheels too.

haha was next to you at service station today - BP hoon hay right??

Haha yea that was me

Useless fact of the night I just remembered, Savannas have the radio aerial in the windscreen, and I've heard something about the doors either having or not having side intrusion bars (they have the opposite of what the rest of the world got, I forget which way around this is and not sure if legit info or not).

also, WHOOP WOF, I vote keep those wheels too.

I can have a looking the weekend and get back to you.. if defintlely has aerial in window

I would keep them but they stick a we bit out of the guards, worried the 5-0 might not like it

Get new ones.

But do skids first obviously. All in the name of science

For science sake i will do my best! 

Pump the tyres up to 40+ psi, do a skid, post skid vid on os, buy some new tyres.

Sounds like a plan to me, just need to find somewhere to do it, not keen on loosing my licence....

Does it have a line lock? Did it get a wof with that in there?

That was gonna be my question VG. I've had to remove line lockers for wofs in the past and they were a shit tonne less obvious

Yes has a line locker, is certed for it  :)

might be too late for flat spots, how long they been sitting ?

there is a technique to get rid of them with tyre pressures and driving, but its not exactly the safest lol

skids wont fix flat spots

Sitting for far to long, i read that they are sometimes fixed once the tyres are drived on for a bit and warmed up but ive had no such luck and ive been fanging around allday today and its still there at high speeds 

Do a skid. Did you really have to ask that question :)

The question was more would a burnout fix them, i was always going to do one regardless ha

I have just come across your thread, just want to say that I am liking this, the car looks good, I have my eye on a left hand drive series1 in chch.

hope you enjoy yours.

Yea looks very similar, am loving driving mine... it was orginally going to be a tidy up and flick on for a profit but its growing on me!

do at your own risk,

id do on a straight road, not many people use etc

lower tyre pressures to 10 psi, drive safe and increase distance between cars etc, go for longish drive

then pump tyres upto 50 psi, same again, increase distance between cars etc, go for longish drive

then set to normal tyre pressure, road test and check

repeat if needed

keep a big distance between cars, as brakes and handling dont work aswell

if there is cracks in sidewalls etc, then above probably wont work, or not worth doing :)

Looking at getting this thing tuned next pay, Have a few questions 

Who is a good place to go to in CHCH (have only heard of mates taking theres to RE Sinclair)

What can i be expected to pay for a general tune up?? (running Nikki 4 barrel)

What sort of km/L can i be expecting? (Was told it was running a J port but im pretty sure its a BP, im not expecting alot but a ball park would be good)

Thanks in advance 

Nathan