Jordon's 1980 rg620 datsun

Today thanks to help got a little done. 

Firstly i took the deck off so i don't have to worry about it when i get the wellside

huzAuF.jpg

HQEf9l.jpg

irD4br.jpg  

So that ended up being easy as F!@#!!! Then looked at the chassis and thought that needs to be cleaned up so a mate headed over and gave me a hand doing that. Got a little done but the wire wheel ran out...

Btdy8S.jpg

B919Ws.jpg

While doing that we also prepped and painted some front guards 

LMN1Qs.jpg

These were acid dipped then neutralised a few weeks ago

7lV7cM.jpg

only got this photo before painting. Sanded back and thanks to acid dipping it didn't require much effort

pw0l3U.jpg

prIPFw.jpg

First time really using a proper gun, turned out ok but the last coat went a bit sour.. orange peel looking. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So i went to pick up my wellside but it didnt come back with me, unfortunately the trailer was to small. oh well. T

he chassis is primed and ready for paint. also found out why i was getting orange peel, breather for the reservoir on the gun was blocked!! cleaned it out and now it looks mint! 

Also bled the clutch and adjusted gear linkages which has made a huge difference. i will get some pics up soon, have been working on the corolla a bit so this is just chilling out

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally organised shipping at a reasonable price. Turned up today (over night delivery!!!) Was pretty stoked. 

Theres definitely a bit of damage from when we tried to bring it back on the trailer but oh well, shit happens. Also the shape isn't as nice as Sparkles, I was using that as a guide to go off of. The top of the tray doesn't flow in as nicely and the tailgate says Nissan which is a bummer. i am planning on getting another tailgate and either doing some sheetmetal magic and putting Datsun on there or shave it and get a decal made. Will see. My thoughts are its a cross between the 720 and 620. 

For now the plan is to remove the damage at the bottom, shape it/remove some small imperfections and then paint it. 

while the painting is going on i will do the drivers door properly and the driver front guard is ready for colour. Hopefully have the whole ute painted soonish.

Also... quite obviously.. needs LOW.

Look below and share opinions here

Note tray is just sitting there

pl5iwD.jpg

YEtgxg.jpg

tEd6bk.jpg

gmQZII.jpg

ZALcqq.jpg

7b22F9.jpg

Rs8JjF.jpg

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

Have been pretty flat out so havent gone very far with this at the moment. Did the rust in the passengers door, turned out pretty average. Any advice on what to do with this little crack in the join? obviously the steel is pretty thin around it.

Discuss away here

86hWby.jpg

1kzihD.jpg

rRW8gm.jpg

V77EkQ.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well I have pottered away on this... 

But it’s time to say goodbye and continue with other projects. It deserves to be used regularly and it never leaves the garage. It also deserves some TLC.

It will be sold with WOF and reg. If you are interested let me know, I will be starting a for sale post soon and then after that it will go in TM. I’ll leave a teaser pick below ;) 

D32BF8B3-5CC3-4B1C-9C5D-D60F0CD11784.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 2