Jakes 1980 Vauxhall Chevette Discussion

jake.

Sweet Shuvit man, followed the previous build on this and the old owner has certainly done a good job of it.

Waste of time in my eyes keeping/modifying the 1256cc though hahaha. Awesome setup in the boot with the hidden sounds as well. Glad to hear you're putting the bumpers back on.

As for the carby being rejetted, get in touch with Murray at Weber Specialties in Silverdale. The man's a genius and does quality work.

Interested to see how this will look with the wheels.

Chur,

Tai

Cheers man, yeah i'm not doing any more work to the motor as it is it runs freaking sweet, waaay quicker than my last chevette with the standard 1256 in it. just gunna leave it in there haha. I'll have to give him a call! 

A few ways you could raise it up, you can buy 10-15mm Urethane packers which will raise it up. Or you could opt for some 'Low' Springs - Cobra should do some, King springs definitely do. 

Gemini/Chevette Springs are interchangeable. I have even put piazza springs in once..

Nice looking Chevette, more pics!

I actually want to lower it more! what i meant to say is that i like how low the back is but it looks too raised in the front, needs more slam haha. any suggestions how to get the front lower? from what i know its got gemini lowering springs in it all round.

for front just sit it on the bump stops. that's the perfect height

other wise you gota chop ur springs and also chop the bump stops in half if u want suspension travel etc

can go as low as u want in the back just chop springs and get shorter shocks

Any idea what shocks to use? im a total newb when it comes to suspension. Have no idea what to do with the bump stops either 

Thanks eddy, yeah the interior is mint, its got recaro fishnets in the front with the back seats recovered to match, new carpet, mint door cards and dash.

• 2 months later...