Jakes 1980 Vauxhall chevette

jake.

Hey everyone this is my 2nd chevette,

I've had it since roughly the start of the year. I bought it of the guy that had it as a sort of unfinished project.

anyways ive got it all back on the road now and have sold my wheels and bought some ssr mk1s from japan for it.

they should be here in a couple of weeks now  :-D

i thought since ive got it sitting on blocks in the garage it would be a good time to get some stuff done/finished on it. 

heres a crappy picture and a picture of the wheels i got for it to replace the xxrs it came on. 

post-18125-0-96285000-1404896349_thumb.jpgpost-18125-0-75253000-1404896348_thumb.jpg 

• Like 1

From the top off my head heres the things that have been done to it so far:

Rebuilt worked motor, don't know exact specs but larger pistons and a fast cam.

Webber 45 sidedraft carb,

Extractors,

New carpets and headlining (sags though so i need to fix that), redone door cards and dash, mountney steering wheel i dont fancy that much

Nice sounds with the amps hidden under a fake boot panel with the sub mounted flush (will have to take some pics so you know what i mean)

What i think are gemini lowering springs (judging by how the back is quite a bit lower than the front, i want to fix this somehow so if you have any suggestions let me know in the discussion thread at the bottom(

Recond gbox and new clutch, lightened flywheel,

All the rust taken out and resprayed to be close to the original goldish bronze whatever color they came out in

Pretty big exhaust that goes straight through with 2 cobys, one small, one bigger.

That's all i can think of for now, heres the discussion thread

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44256-jakes-1980-vauxhall-chevette-discussion/

At this stage I want to get the guards rolled,

put the bumpers back on ( the holes have been welded over before it was painted so im guessing i just have to redrill the holes somehow?),

fix the handbrake as it rolls downhill even when its fully pulled up (it still feels tight tho so no idea whats going on?) 

and apparently the jets on the carb are too big so i need to change that., anyone know where i can get that done?. i took it into bygone autos on the shore and they just tuned it so it wasnt running rich or anything. still smells like it though ahha  :badgrin:

i think the starter motor may be stuffed as it makes funny noises when it turns over before firing up, hard to explain. allthough looking through all the receipts i have for the car it seems it was recond not too long ago.

• 2 months later...

So my ssr's came just over a month ago, put them on the day of the old school meet, drove it there and then on the way home the ignition stuffed out.

so swapped out the luminition electronic ignition and put one of those lucas kits in and it runs heaps better now, idles nicely and doesn't backfire all day long.

anyway today I went on a cruise to matakana with a couple mates and she ran sweet the whole way, furthest i've driven her since I got her :-D heres a pic:

sb6eed.jpg

next to come is more low, and sort out some interior bits and pieces, its had new headlining and carpet put in, just needs to be tucked in properly and the headlining reglued to the roof.

here's a better pic of how it looks now

24fi3ro.jpg

the front needs to come down a bit lol

• Like 3

Just got to course this morning and this happened. There's a crack in the radiator where the pipe comes out of it, for the hose to go over. Not sure what to do as it was driving sweet the whole way then started pissing out as soon as I parked up. Pretty sure it happened as I turned the car off. Should I try i fill the radiator back up and limp it back home? I dont want it to overheat or lose all the water and not know about it and cook the engine. What do you guys think? Lemme know in the discussion for this could use some help haha

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/44256-jakes-1980-vauxhall-chevette-discussion/?hl=chevette

post-18125-0-79390600-1412723363_thumb.jpg