Styles 1982 Toyota Celica XX 2.8GT Discussion

Styles

not sure if you've ever checked yahoo, but 2k will get you 8j + 9j A type set of mk3s with room left over for some very nice tyres.

you'd have 2 very nice sets of ssrs if you wanted the sizes you currently have, 8j Bs(+/-0) are relatively cheap, and 17s look hideous on these, donk spec.

Supporting rota for price factor alone is not an excuse in my books, support genuine especially when you've gone to the effort of a respray and trust headers.

Mate, I get what you're saying, but these both came up at separate times (a couple of years apart) when I had the cash required so I grabbed them each time. I'd have to say that on the 17's in silver it looks just right for my late 90's tribute style. I think in black they'll look a little more subtle. It rides really nicely on the 17's with plenty of clearance and no rubbing so they're definitely going to stay for travelling.

I bought the Shakotans as much to check how happy I was (over the long term) with the sizing as anything else, so now (when I get around to it) I can get the Mk3's that I desire.

Is this for sale? Much love for these things. Mate had one round papakura years ago - was a hoot to drive.

1uz for the lazy right foot burnouts...

No, not for sale, sorry, unless you wanted to offer more $ than I've put into it, which as we know doesn't usually equate to a cars value.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...