Styles 1982 Toyota Celica XX 2.8GT Discussion

Styles

I still struggle to understand why you'd remove the sunshade spoiler, it's the best part.

disagree completely, i'd be removing all the spoilers, they look so much cleaner and less cluttered.

interesting thats its 5mge, i always thought xx's where 1gge. 

wheels and slam please.

I still struggle to understand why you'd remove the sunshade spoiler, it's the best part.

It was in bad shape, rattled at any speed over 90kmh, was fitted really badly, and ultimately doesn't belong on a JDM XX, they were only for export Supras.

Very jealous. I had one of these as my first car when i left school. Mine had the wrap around front indicators. I dont see many of them around anymore.

The wrap around ones are the facelifts. They're nicer in many ways and I'd really prefer one, but when you're buying an old car, well, beggars can't be choosers, and this one at 88000km when I got it was just too good to pass up!

disagree completely, i'd be removing all the spoilers, they look so much cleaner and less cluttered.

interesting thats its 5mge, i always thought xx's where 1gge. 

wheels and slam please.

I have thought about getting rid of the lower spoiler, but it's just such a cool original period JDM piece that it's got to stay.

XX's came in 1G-EU, M-TEU, 1G-GE and 5M-GE. Interestingly the 5M-GE, the 1G-GE and M-TEU all had similar power outputs, but obviously different torque curves. The top grade/trim (GT) was only available with the 1G-GE and 5M-GE.

Next update has new wheels, but the kings are as low as it's going to go for the moment..... they do look freakin sweet boned out on SSR Mk3's though.....

I purchased mine with 58000 ks on the clock. There was 3 of them side by side to choose from. I choose mine because it had a 2.8 liter where as the other 2 has 1gge's

Ive also owned a turbo one. Not sure what the engine was but it was a sohc. 

There awsum cars. Would like own one again one day.

• Like 1

Looks pretty nice on the 15" Rota's, keen to see it on the RB's

I've always liked them on the 16" Widebody Starion OEM wheels.

1JZGTE still has way more potential for power though.... Got the LSD from Aaron (Rabid Chimp) of CelicaSupra.com.

Yeah, but if I didn't have all that glorious *GTE power, I wouldn't have spent a fortune on driveline, brake and chassis upgrades...

and most likely have a nice comfortable cruiser, not an anti-social savage beast.

• 1 month later...

chees- yep, you're probably right, paid a total of 2g for both sets including near new tyres. So yes, my ideal SSR's or Watanabes would be only a little more, but having those two sets for different uses is good at the mo, and they were really easy kind of impulse buys.

Will get around to getting the ideal rims one day.

Really I should try track down some 17" reflexes in black with the OG yellow decals to complete the 90's dream car theme!

Hachi : will record some time soon. Hope to score a mates gopro for a Twilight Road run sometime too!

not sure if you've ever checked yahoo, but 2k will get you 8j + 9j  A type set of mk3s with room left over for some very nice tyres.

you'd have 2 very nice sets of ssrs if you wanted the sizes you currently have, 8j Bs(+/-0) are relatively cheap, and 17s look hideous on these, donk spec.

Supporting rota for price factor alone is not an excuse in my books, support genuine especially when you've gone to the effort of a respray and trust headers.