Yoeddynz and Hannah's HB Viva Wagon Discussion

Willdat?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned down a bit of steel, drilled a hole at 90 degrees through it, filed it out squareish with a square file and then pressed a bit of 1/4 Hss tool steel into the square hole until it was stuck out just the right amount.

Not sure what engine those Tiidas have but guessing its a similar unit to the micra/march engine? I like the earlier K11 micras with the CG11 and CG13 engines.  Neat strong little twinks that i reckon would look sweet all declutered. But they have a rear mount dizzy that might hit the bulkhead plus I cant think of any RWD box that suits so would need to make a adaptor plate.

I was so excited today, well for a bit.. I realised that according to my Vin plate my wagon had come with the high compression '90' engine with a full 70 BHP.  So I checked the numbers and it looks like someone in the past has removed it and swapped in a later HC low compression 1159 engine with only 52 BHP :-(

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Yes Mr ben! ^ this is exactly what I want from the engine bay. So I will go over the top a little to keep it tidy.  That colour is just the spray putty. The final colour that I selected was meant to be the same original green but I forgot to take in a sample. At the paint shop we went off photos on my phone and the colour I ended up purchasing is slightly darker. But still looks nice. You can see the colour here as I used it when painting that mtb frame I had replaced the down tube on....

20160512_210538.jpg

Pete- yeah I like that turbo idea! As it happens at some point in this cars life the super spec high compression 70 bhp motor had been nicked and its been replaced with an low compression engine. So suitable for boost....

I actually recently bought this Weber manifold. Quite a rare thing and brand new for $50 I just grabbed it. It apparantly also suits some Nikki carbs off Datsuns/Toymotors.

20160626_121504_1.jpg

20160626_121510_1.jpg

But I also still have a brand new SU  Hif carb which came factory built to suit boost, as used in the Metro turbos etc. So a few things could be done :-)

• Like 2

Yeah that's my later geared bike that I bought in 2001. Used till I broke it. Geared for long rides. It is a nice colour eh. I was pleasantly surprised when I painted the bike with it.

That manifold- I was thinking oh yeah cool.. can just whip a carb off a datsun 1200 or something and run it. But I bet the fueling wont be right so for now I'll just run the original Stromberg. 

Oh plus- if I did turbo this engine its instant cert needed. Shame.

Datto 1200 carb works perfect.

Been running one for years..

I just made an adapter from some alloy block and bolted it to a standard down draft manifold that i massaged abit with a dremel.

Biggest issue being the standard is linkage throttle and the datto being cable.

But im sure you can sort that out.

• Like 1

Nah not a big block.

Its a 1159.

Seems to run fine no flat spots anywhere ive found.

Had it on 2 cars.

1st was an Auto

2nd was manual.

Made a HUGE difference on the auto. Much better to drive. And the auto was originally a 70hp.

The manual car was just the plain jane pov pak 1159cc.

Still made a huge difference on it tho.

Had a run with my other manual car which is a factory 70hp with a few minor tweaks.

Was side by side the whole way until about 4th gear and the pov pak began to pull away.

Never got around to trying out the 2brl on a 70hp manual as yet.

Still want to try one of my Brabham manifold setups on one aswell.

Before i fit the big block lol

• Like 1

Mines the lowest of the low low compression engine. Actually from an early Hc according to the numbers..or lack of.

Luckily the chassis plate states it came with the 70 bhp as this will help if someone got iffy about a future datsun swap/other 'performance' mods.

Oh wow.. at this point I can only dream about what it must be like to have a full fat 70 bhp viva :-) such grunt.

• 4 months later...

Cheers fullas. Yeah it wasn't a fun day that. Hannah's face has already healed really well and she had some stitches out yesterday. But her back will take a good while to get better :-( Staying active is helping but sleeping is very tricky as her back stiffens up.

So I shall let her cherry pick from the awesome Viva jobs I am gifting her :-)

• Like 3