Willdat?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, tortron said:

What size tyres tho?

Speedo actually reads bang on! Checked it all out. First car ever that I've had that is correct. Quite funny because I'll be cruising along at 80 and a car behind me will be thinking I must be doing 90 'cause they'll slow right down when we hit an 80 zone.

I'm not sure what these cars could do max when new but yeah- 120 would probably be about it for this one.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, BobbyMel said:

Any more updates on this?

Bob

Hey Bob. Ha ha - I bet you've noticed my complete lack of activity on the Viva forum eh?

No updates as far as work or mods- it has just been sitting there , barely used even as a daily. Its probably feeling a touch unloved, jealous even (if one is to anthropomorphise ones car that is... yeah.  The new objectual four wheeled love in my life , little Impy, has stolen the limelight and poor old Viva has been pushed aside ..)

I did move it the other day. Once the engine had been wound over enough to draw up some fuel via the mechanical pump it started fine and everything worked as it should. It now looking resplendent in its new location, safely tucked in front of our house (truck).....

P1080044.jpg.98749cb9631dbda6e2d2bca984fd089d.jpg

Poor thing. Left outside to fare the storm we had last night while Impy and the latest edition to the fleet, the Datsun 180b got to spend the night safe under cover. (please ignore the Ford Mk3 Viva clone - its just another job)...

P1080043.jpg.d7758548c951e005eb15ea54b5dca1dc.jpg

I am still planning to re-power it and still sitting on the fence as to with what. There is a snarling wailing gusty V6 looking up at me from one side while n the other side I can see a more docile but lighter more economical Mazda/Ford Duratec L4 looking up.

Hmmmmmmm?  However for the immediate future we might well buy a 1256 that @AttySlungGatty has sitting spare just to give the Viva a little more oomph on the hills.

I must add this. The Imp was always meant to be just a quick fling.  A little bit of fun on the side. Smaller, more lithe and entertaining then the Viva. I was expecting to grow tired of the sneaky outings at night on country roads while the Viva slept unaware. I thought I'd finally see the Imp for what it was, a fun and youthful but quite impractical bit of dabbling back into my younger years of car hooning and that I would eventually dump it to the next owner and go back to my faithful, honest and practical Viva wagon.

But no. The poor old slightly haggard looking Viva just sits there and watches me as I go off on yet another hoon in that 'little cute, energetic car with the pretty paint'.

Maybe the Viva really does need a new dress and a better set of legs to win me back? ....

• Like 8