Yoeddynz and Hannah's HB Viva Wagon Discussion

Willdat?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex, I tried sending you a PM but it says you can't receive any. I'm heading past your neck of the woods on the 30th and would be keen to see your projects up close if possible.

Thats odd. I just sent a message to someone else and it worked fine?

Try my email.. my user name at hotmail.com

Several pots of tea etc and you may entice him to come play with your Vivas... lol

I really have to get my act together and get back into the shed and clean all the crap off and out of mine (currently storage atm lol) so they resemble a car and get something happening with them again.

Motivation and space is my enemy atm :(

Haha yes well id love to get my runner out n about again.

But its been scrubbing tyres a fair bit. As it needs front control arm bushes etc and ball joints.

Im also over the issue its got of 'bunny hoping'/shuddering at low speed in 1st gear. (F#ckin manuals lol)

Ha! Nah has an issue somewhere. Tried 2 new clutches and 2 different flywheels. Etc.

But keeps doing it. The sh#tbox one drives fine apart from you have to physically hold it into 2nd gear or it pops out to neutral. ....

So im guessing its either a box issue or in the engine? But gave up trying to figure it out. Just drop it into 2nd and lope along then have to throw it back to 1st to take off etc.

I swear my cordless drill has more torque than these engines hahaha.

• Like 1

I fitted the gear stick in mine yesterday.tried the gears and the stick promptly fell apart in two. The rubber insulatorbit failed. I remember hearing a national radio program on a book of kiwis first cars. The announcers first car was a viva and she noted that her gear stick fell off. Then other listeners backed her up.

Ha... silly gear stick. Not typical English quality. Blatantly must be shit toyota quality like that found in one of sheepers mustangs....(but he won't read this because he's a snob :-) )

I welded a new length of steel on. All fixed :-)

• Like 1