Yoeddynz and Hannah's HB Viva Wagon Discussion

Willdat?

Hey maybe Hannah can set to cleaning the moss off the windows for you, I think that would be really nice of her...cos you know the rest of the car is going to have to follow the example of the engine bay right?

If you are wanting an old radio to complete the look inside I have a few spare, I'll bring them next time we come over.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to see it on the road soon.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He he he..... yeah nah. That moss/lichen is staying put!  I know Hannah is eyeing it up and desperately wants to clean it off.

Hey Im after one of the external sealing rubber things that go under the nut holding the wind screen wiper axles in place. I'll give you a call. Maybe Geoff has one? Geoff? Calling all Viva owners.....

• Like 1

I have thought about that.. Ive actually got a SU hif turbo carb I bought from prozac ages ago as a spare for the Elford turbo 12a. And there's possibly enough room to sneak some tiny turbo in there down low. But apparently the bottom ends on these engines don't hold up to much.. although just an extra 20 ponies could transform it into something that won't hold everyone up and make it a better daily prospect.

But then cert...

Yeah heaps better cheers. Back still iffy but face well on the mend.

Geoff.. I found the old rubber seal and ended up repairing it. Not perfect but will do the job :-)

Cheers for offer. I've got a webber manifold but no webber. I could try it out in the future but only just tonight machined up bits and configured the new throttle pedal and stromberg carb cable linkage. I'll see how that goes. Given this engine is the lowest of the low tune wise I reckon a webber would be wasted right now.

How's your beast going?

Very nicely done..

Ive always hated the top radiator hose setup etc...

So on one of my (super longtime lol) projects ive removed the radiator spacer? Mounts and fitted a much larger crossflow style radiator from some jap car? Im now looking into modifying the thermostat cover to be a bit more like a holden six and exit from side rather than top so i get a nicer hose angle from motor to radiator.

I also get a better sized radiator lol.

Its probably just going to look a tad odd with such a large gap between the radiator and engine.

Ive just told everyone its because ive set the engine further back for better handling. ... lmfao..

But seriously im starting to weigh up an engine swap anyway now due to an engine sitting here on the floor and an all to close at hand tape measure..... lol

• Like 1

But seriously im starting to weigh up an engine swap anyway now due to an engine sitting here on the floor and an all to close at hand tape measure..... lol

Yeah... I'm constantly aware that 50 bhp for a supposed daily hack wagon might not cut it.. I'm still so keen on fitting a tiny economical twink for several reasons . I like doing conversions, Ill want more power and it'll probably be cheaper to run. Plus would look cool.

But I'll give this originality thing a go first (well still sort of original) plus I cant/don't want to afford the whole cert stuff right now.

Nope not enough room for a holden 6... have to chop firewall unfortunately. ....

A buick, or ecotec v6 should fit easy enough.

Or many other 4cyl engines..

ive been umming and rrrrring about a lil turbo 1.9L ive got sitting in the corner.

not the biggest powerhouse still compared to some the new NA jap 4 cylinders. But still has a bit of old schoolness to it.

your worried about your engine setup.... lol.

i drove an 1156cc AUTO as my daily for years hahhaha. Was dead stock bar a datto 1200 carb. Used to go not to bad for what it was once you were going. (Acceleration wasn't its strong point lol)

• Like 1

Ah yeah I remember earlier conversation with you about how the 1159cc engine you had been using was not too shabby for daily use.  I think I'll be ok so long as the engine is in ok condition.. this I wont know until I first drive it.  Our problem is that for the most common trip over to Motueka involves a bloody steep hill with no passing places. I don't care how fast I get up but all the locals might..

I can always just go the slightly longer, less steep, way via Kaiteriteri and cruise :-)

• Like 1

Lol of the engine is good and your not overly afraid of reving it, it 'should' get up there. Just not in 4th gear lol.

I cant guarantee how long it will take or last doing said trip.... perhaps carry a grapling hook an rope and wait for some flashy, new, gutsy car and hitch a tow up it. .. lol

• Like 1