Chris.QCRs 1980 Harley Davidson Sportster XLH1000

Chris.QCR

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha cheers guys ! Yeah ill be using the Pangea Speed bars. Just getting clutch cable re done and notching oil tank for more chain clearance.

I scored the old rug for free and parked Harley on it as I was sick of cleaning up oil spots all over the garage floor so now the rug can soak it up haha

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Nice work, can't believe I had never seen this thread before.

I've been working on something similar off and on (well...mostly off) for the past 3 or 4 years too. It occurred to me the other day just how close to finishing, but meh...why rush?

Great seeing another hard tail is out there, keep up the good work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man, looking good!

I'd you want a rear fender, I've got a 1935-40 Ford rear wheel cover that I'd trade for a box of beer. Like this (but about 60% of the circle left, as I used the 40% bit on mine). 

https://picclick.com/1930s-40s-WHEEL-COVER-FORD-CHEVY-BUICK-Continental-303020313089.html

These fenders are highly sort after and have become the go-to for old school harley dudes. I hunted for one for years, turning out very hard to find one in NZ. But i got lucky one day. This is what it looks like on a bike:

2831.thumb.jpeg.abbcfb1079d8c119a0ed1f31b7379eb9.jpeg

2832.thumb.jpeg.e77e18b3efead1257d035f044de6ba39.jpeg

The left over bit is still in original oxide red primer. It's in better condition than the bit I used...usual story, use bad bit for practice...then it turns out looking sweet...so leave it on there.

Anyways if that happens to be what you're after...let me know? If you're looking for a different look...no stress.

• Like 1