Chris.QCRs 1980 Harley Davidson Sportster XLH1000

Chris.QCR

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BL I hope you don't mind me plugging your thread, but I have just bought one of these and I wanna sell it.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=746651821

I'm having trouble posting anything on oldschool ATM, especially in the for sale section!

Iron heads are mean... But I'm sick of it fucking breaking! Will offer a SAHWEET deal to any oldschool member.

Goodluck with your build BL (retain your rear suspension, extend your swing arm and strip it to the bare essentials... Less shit to fall off it)

Yeah that's a good buy for someone here for sure .

Got my plate and rego yesterday . Sorted a fuel tap leak and half arse mounted a rear gaurd and solo seat for a big ride this weekend up the alps. Will throw some pics up after the weekend. Planning on making the pipes louder next week. Then try lock down a style I'm keen on . Will remain swing arm regardless of style i go for.

Keen as on the tank governor Sam!!

• Like 1

Went for a rad ride with good mates on weekend up to Mt White Station. Smashed some gravel roads and drunk some beers around a fire. Good times!

Harley went great. Clutch started to slip a bit and the fuel tank is super small and ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere. Good times

Harley3_zpsbd6f2687.jpg

Harley2_zps4e3ddbaf.jpg

Harley4_zps92209780.jpg

Harley1_zps5764a578.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Got my clutch sorted thanks SOHC.

Ive since made a sissy bar

Raised the front of the tank and made a new mount

My mate Jonny is removing the balance pipe and baffles for some more loudness

Next up is making some bars that are a bit higher and swept back a bit.

Have a lead on some 4 over forks and front wheel that im working on

And also gonna buy a Led Sled Hardtail kit at end of year. So between now and then ill buy a oil tank. make a battery box, buy a rear gaurd and longer chain. Then after next wof it gets the Chop!

• Like 7

The kits looking like $400-500 landed . I'm all for making one myself but these guys have the stretch as take sorted and give you instructions on where exactly to chop the frame and then slide the hardtail into place and weld up . I jut hae to change my rear calliper to later model one . Well worth the expense vs fucking around and getting it wrong and looking out of proportion .

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

This has just snapped it's throttle cable so that combined with my reg and wof running out this month I've decided to pull it off the road , will strip down to bare frame next weekend and start Hardtailing it . Pretty excited about this next stage . Will make sure it's back on the road just after winter . Will look completely different !

• Like 7