Road-trippin' - Across the USA

kyteler

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/02/2018 at 09:39, Toucan said:

I rented from Alamo in LA. Sweet cause you pay for whatever class of vehicle you want then you can just walk around the carpark and jump in whatever tickles your fancy

Ours was the same with thrifty, only from lax though. All other places we got what we were given

On 04/02/2018 at 00:05, Bling said:

Copied that link into google, couldn't work out why the site didn't look all that legit. Then I noticed it's spelt "rental scars" :P http://www.rentalcars.com

On the same topic though, any experience with "exotic" rentals, short term like a day in an old muscle car etc. 

Oops, yea rentalcars.com haha.

Try turo for exotic etc, its like airbnb where you rent sombodys car rather than a rental company. I think you need to be over 30 to get anything worth over $55k

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

For those that have done the LA thing, what is the best method for transport? I was thinking of renting a car for the whole time as it's not THAT spendy. But i've read the traffic can be a bit shit. So I guess there is metro buses / trains, but perhaps dealing with traffic is worth the freedom to go wherever whenever. Experiences?

I lived in LA when.I was 20. 

You need a car. The place is fucking huge. 

Having a car will let you go down to San Diego, up to big bear and all the good outlet malls are on the out skirts. And need to go to six flags and the water park. There is a race track at Pomona and I think you are planning on going to a car show. Again it's.on the outskirts. 

Where are you planning on staying? 

• Like 1

Sweet, good to know! Yeah having looked at the map, it's looks stupidly big. Plan to hit Vegas, but no further than that. Accommodation wise, no idea yet. Any suggestions on good areas that won't cost silly money? Hoping to work out some options this weekend for accommodation, to avoid it getting too spendy. Inadvertently picked a busy time to go, July. Somewhere quieter to stay would be good, as will grab car for the whole time now, so happy to commute wherever. Not sure if Motel / Hotel / Holiday Inn spec stuff is the way to go or what. Preference given to areas i'm not likely to get shot.

We had a car for a few days, did universal studios, disneyland, long beach etc. Then dropped it back and stayed at Venice Beach for a few more days(Cadillac Hotel was good, right on the beach and not too expensive), can get hop on hop off tourist bus things from Santa Monica pier into hollywood/beverly hills, hire bike/walk the boardwalk.

• Like 1