Tai scamps mazda 1300

rot808

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers bro, finally starting to take shape.

The guard flares are rx3 group c style. There is an outfit in Aus called Fibremaster who produce them but I was able to source some second hand ones.
Maybe a bit of a mission getting them to suit the Datsun though as they have a pretty flat bodyline. The rx3 flares are fairly curved where it meets the body so a bit of mission on the 1300 due to that reason.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Could always go for skinnier seats like mr2 to avoid faffing about for clearance? Sw20 ones fit in my alto no worries

Yeah thought about that or perhaps mx5 seats (think they're a bit smaller) but I really like the Recaro seats and the fabricator is looking after me pretty well so it's not breaking the bank. Also we need to shifter the gearbox tunnel hole a bit further forward anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The factory orange for the 1300 is a different orange. I'd call it more a blood orange, uh, orange, if that makes any sense. The Rx2 orange as above is far lighter in colour.

Normally I'm not a red car guy (even though I have red cars) but I think the red works better with the black flares, etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...