Tai scamps mazda 1300

rot808

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These aren't even easy to come by over here but still far easier than the motherland! All of the good stuff is over east however but managed to stumble across this one at a very sharp price. Somewhat a barnfind, being in one family since new :o.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Was hoping more would be done by now haha but its all good! Will hopefully be on the road mid december before I come back to NZ for xmas and new years. To be honest it seems very similar to NZ however many minor mods still need to be either permitted or engineered which is pretty much certification. They have some silly laws like no bovs unless plumback due to engine fumes being released into the atmosphere lul and chassis mods like cnotching for minitrucks and airbag setups are extremely hard to get legal.it does vary state by state and I've just dabble with the tip of the iceberg so will see how it goes.

One thing that is shocking is cops can sticker your car under suspicion of illegal mods and they arent really trained in regards so what I hear it can be a nightmare.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cheers Karl. Not sure exactly what model 1200 it's off, might be some ADM variant but there's a similar one on the r100 that is the same design but pointy in the middle with the pointy bonnet. 

I don't think the ducts would work because even then there is no space behind the lip, slanting under the bumper could work though! would make it look less flat peak, especially if we get it painted black. Will be painting the lip black as well.

Cheers,

Tai.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is gonna be so sweet once completed and the fitment on those new wheels is gonna be mad.

But tbh you should have gone in this direction it would have been a lot tastefull.lul.

I vote for tubed rear end, hilux diff, 22" Simmons, 20bbptt motor running standard brakes. Oh, and white walls of coarse.

/nicecarwant.

This is gonna be so sweet once completed and the fitment on those new wheels is gonna be mad.

But tbh you should have gone in this direction it would have been a lot tastefull.lul.

Yeah hope it will come out alright, there's nothing really like it over here and barely any retro styled Jappas in Perth so will be different to all the bloody 180/skyline drift clan cars and bogan commys/coons that run the streets over here.

Haha not a huge fan of the PAC performance/Queen St styled rotaries. May as wheel get white leather interior whilst im at it puhuhuhu.

Tai.

• 2 weeks later...