Vince/PStar's Galant Colt Discussing

P_Star

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much what I told them when they emailed looking for an archetypal westie house... They were all "HOLY CRAP IS THAT CAR STILL THERE!?!?!!? HOLY CRAP SO MANY PILES OF TREASURES!!!!!" 

lols

Sent them down ChickyN8's street for that dope rusty hulk front yard driveby too lol

• Like 2

Unsure if you've been pressured into buying a 4G62, but a 4G54 is superior.... well, it would be for torque... and you can use L200 diff and gearbox which should hold up relatively well.

If you are convinced by my below average attempt to convince you, I'll donate this (Below link) if you do it. One of my earlier dream cars was to get one of these and chuck in the 4g54 from the Magna. I saw this cool videos on youtube like 8 years ago of one talking about how easy the swap was. it was carbed in the vid so I thought how cool it would be to bring it into the 21st century (to some degree) and fuel inject it.

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/49034-fs-4g5024-rwd-fi-intake-manifold-loom-dizzy-ecu/#entry1546104

Could someone please explain what it is that is being referenced.

Those outside the loop (I don't watch a whole lot of TV) with inquiring minds, wish to know.

Here ya go Ky,

TV is shit, but they used my hovel as a set :)

http://www.tv3.co.nz/JONO-AND-BEN-EXTRA-Grand-Designs/tabid/3692/articleID/116394/MCat/4432/Default.aspx

Unsure if you've been pressured into buying a 4G62, but a 4G54 is superior.... well, it would be for torque... and you can use L200 diff and gearbox which should hold up relatively well.

If you are convinced by my below average attempt to convince you, I'll donate this (Below link) if you do it. One of my earlier dream cars was to get one of these and chuck in the 4g54 from the Magna. I saw this cool videos on youtube like 8 years ago of one talking about how easy the swap was. it was carbed in the vid so I thought how cool it would be to bring it into the 21st century (to some degree) and fuel inject it.

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/49034-fs-4g5024-rwd-fi-intake-manifold-loom-dizzy-ecu/#entry1546104

Haven't had to buy anything yet haha, I have a 4g somethingorother... out of a sigma I believe sitting in the shed. Am unfortunately a ways away from installing any motivational power yet though :(

• 2 years later...

So...

Photobucket chucked all my pics out but that's ok, it looks the same.

I have come to the conclusion that the only project I am going to make any progress on in the forseeable future is my business. 

So.

Would anyone like a Galant Colt 16L? 

Reg on hold!

Bit of bog, not much. Bit of rust, fuck all. Some shit patches/birdshit welds, very few. All in all surprisingly straight and unfucked.

I have... Most of the bits. But some are missing. I won't write out a full list here but I have a 5 speed for it, diff is there, struts, some wheels if the price is right. All the panels, although the front guards are.. well, you might want some new ones. Missing some seats. An engine that would work to get her going although probably not the ideal donk for the job if you are picky. if you are keen fire me a PM and make an offer.

Bring a trailer round and take it away. It makes me sad seeing it sitting out there. I will get another one when I have time to dedicate to it, and I could use the parking space.

Pics:

2KehH8g.jpg

BPoCq1M.jpg

rw10j1N.jpg

xMOsBt2.jpg

Currently has struts in, so, technically should be able to bolt wheels on and wheelbarrow it onto a trailer a bit easier than we got it off one.. Assuming they point in the same direction...

COLL6Yx.jpg

Parts pile (currently in the shed... will be able to dig them out)

• 5 years later...