Vince/PStar's Galant Colt Discussing

P_Star

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The calipers on a GTO should be aft of the struts as are the steering knuckles. The strut in the photo should be on the right hand side and the knuckles will need to be swapped between struts. Be careful with the ball joints as the GTO's are different to the 16L. The original caliper are probably better than the GTO's as the originals are fixed pistons while the GTO's are a floating design.  

Hmmmm... ok so, swap the steering knuckles over so they are in the correct location? That makes sense.

i don't have the original struts/brakes/anything at all otherwise I would be using those haha

hmm, ok might be better off trying to find a factory front end setup then... I know I can get one just nothing local at this stage.

Looks like they were sold as valiant's in aussie... yuck aussie spec :P 

I think I will keep it as a mitsi for the time being although a big dodge badge on the front would confuse some peeps

/not serious, don't worry :)

Purchased workshop manwell for it today, hopefully that will help with reassembly/give me somewhere to rest my cuppa when I look at the car in a confused manner

• 1 month later...

Hey there gentlemen and ladies... no progress due to lazy/rain however I'm wondering if anybody knows if the steering gear will transplant out of a GTO into my car?

I'm guessing they are likely similar? Just don't want to be buying stuff, especially down the line if it won't fit and I'm having a bit of a hard time finding the info.

Chur

Hey there gentlemen and ladies... no progress due to lazy/rain however I'm wondering if anybody knows if the steering gear will transplant out of a GTO into my car?

I'm guessing they are likely similar? Just don't want to be buying stuff, especially down the line if it won't fit and I'm having a bit of a hard time finding the info.

Chur

Have you measured up EX lancer. I know where there is one of those

• 2 months later...

Riding home from work on pushbike Thursday night and one of these past me. I was all 'wow Wtf is that! That is cool and I want it!'.

I've never seen one before. It was a grey or gunmetal grey colour.

Are they very rare in nz? Very cool car.

Yay to modgies but definitely turbos would be better. I'm stoked my hb wagon came with a set of turbos.

• Like 2