Vince/PStar's Galant Colt Discussing

P_Star

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I failed to have a REALLY good dig around but it looks like most of the random bits are there... the rear scuttle panel with reflectors etc is in the boot, forgot to check lights but fingers crossed they are there/can likely get them new out of the phillipines or some such worst case scenario.

Just figured out that being 'murican' market Rockauto has pretty much every mechanical part for it for $3 so that's nice.

Steeeeebbbb... not sure I will be running with best wheels in the world (won't!) but I will try and dig up a pic I have of my mum's galant with I think me as a wee tacker in front of it, I'm certain you will enjoy it.

Yeah Goat it needed to be saved, too rust/damage free to leave to the crusher... luckily the Zebra fella let it go a little cheaper than he really wanted to... meant I could buy... AKA those jokers are ace :)

• Like 1

yeah it was just too good to let it see the crusher, lines all look straight, couple of minor (good, metal) rust repairs and a tiny bit of bog in the rear wheel arch which I will pull out and patch properly... dash is even clean and non cracked... Looking forward to it!

haha, PStar plate is long gone, and I'm pretty sure we ain't making any more HighOctane... might show up in an ep of Redline one day though ;)

keen as to git'r'done though... currently refreshing my mind as to what is needed, what fits etc etc etc lol

Ok, tell me about 4G62's I have been offered one for a super deal haha.

I know 1800cc out of sigma and later cordia/tredia... I presume that's what would have been in my 85 tredia... which gave me nighmares lol

I guess, anyone had much experience with them, presumably will bolt up as per 4g63, which I have a little experience with..

Reliability etc etc?

Chur

I was speaking to Ben (Sideburned chap at Zebra) about this car.

Apparently when his predecessor ran the place, a customer offered him $2,000 for the Colt when it had just arrived.

He turned it down and it sat there for almost a year.

Every time I go to Zebra I stop at that car and sigh wistfully, hoping someday, somebody would snatch it from the jaws of the crusher and give it another lease of life. Have probably spent half an hour all up peering into it and trying to justify buying it myself.

Good Job Vince :thumbright:

Haha nice to hear! yeah he reckoned it came in pretty much complete etc. I paid a very small sum for it (cleaned me out but a very small sum nonetheless) and I think he was keen to have it saved... essentially sunday was it's date with the crusher... glad I could save it from that fate, it looks to be in surprisingly good nick. Can't wait to rip into it!

• Like 1

Ok, tell me about 4G62's I have been offered one for a super deal haha.

I know 1800cc out of sigma and later cordia/tredia... I presume that's what would have been in my 85 tredia... which gave me nighmares lol

I guess, anyone had much experience with them, presumably will bolt up as per 4g63, which I have a little experience with..

Reliability etc etc?

Chur

Tredia 1800cc N/A would have been the 4G37 which is gutless but reliable. 4G62 is just a smaller bore 4G63, everything else is the same. Bit more under square than a 4G63 with 80.6mm bore and 88mm stroke.