Exhaust / muffler help.

WLDRX2

Looking to finish my mazda this year, and one of the last jobs is the exhaust.

Car is running a 12a pp. (or not running, as the case may be)

I really hate 6 inch round, chrome mufflers on old school cars,  but I'm a bit old and still like dump pipes on rotors.

So question is, what rear muffler options are there ?

Has to be ss packed.

Question for the mazda buffs.

Stainless or mild steel, for the whole exhaust ?

I don't want it sounding too tinny or loud (yes, I know, rotary)

basically what I'm after is, what has anyone else done to shut their rotary up without choking it to death. 

And brand names and pictures of sweet looking rear mufflers. Dump pipes optional.

Cheers

Yeah what he said.

Go mild steel in the thicker grade

Squeeze 4 resonators under there and youve won most of the battle

Anything bigger than a 3" tip looks is drainpipe spec, my pick would be an olderstyle handmade muffler from thicker stainless use these on both cars.

Just changed mine over to another full exhaust off another car for the extra resonators and a bit more room over the diff, slighty different as has a resonator after the join basically as it goes up over the diff.

Its a tight squeeze through by the steering box and not really scatterblanket friendly....

How would a full copper exhaust sound on a rotary?  i am guessing it would be soft enough to absorb tinniness and the resonance is said to be good according to some hotrodder i heard talking.

will get stolen in no time!

• Like 1

My brother in law's old 10APP R100 ran a twin 1 3/4 stainless system with a reso in each pipe up front and collected into a single stainless rear muffler with a 2 inch tip and sounded rather good. made an awesome induction sound with the 48mm IDA and still flowed enough to pull some decent RPM's.

DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF1653.jpg

• Like 4

Can vouch for Adrenaline R products.

I run a full stainless exhaust with V-bands on my 12APP, is surprisingly quite and doesnt sound tiny and shit.
Vids on my instagram (search "ilegit616") for an idea of noise (just dodge the ones with a big yellow pipes haha)

Equal length 2" headers - into separate 2 Adrenaline R resonators (their 500mm length ones - merges after into 2.5" by back seat - under diff into Adrenaline R dumpy

done