XSVWGNS TT132 2jz Corona build

XSVWGN

So you want to convert to rack and pinion from box? I would find a crossmember and rack combo that would almost bolt up to the chassis rails, that way you can just lengthen your lower arms and run longer tierods to suit the track you want

for cert it will be much easier to convince the certifier that the geometry and whatnot is all good if you use a rack and crossmember from the same car.

86 ones are quite narrow, do you know what your distance between the inner mounts for the LCA's is on the corona?

I probably had what you needed. Pulled power steering out of an at141 Corona. Pretty sure I scrapped it but cant remember. Other wise its sitting up in napier somewhere. But yeah. That carina optipn probably would be a very good one!

I have a power steering rack from a SA60 carina wagon, would have thought it would be quite similar

Sounds like a good option. I will PM you to talk about things. I have no idea what the inner measurements on the LCAs are sorry sheepers. I will be stripping all the front this weekend to have a look at things further. The cross member bolts up just like most 80s style Toyota.

saw you were selling the wag and i was sad good to see you are doing something just as wild i still have my supercharged trueno if you remember me i brought some stuff off you years ago

Yeah mate I remember. Many moons ago. Only selling the yellow one as the black one is I'm much better condition and has had less molestering!

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet man! good to see the suspension worked out sweet for you!! looking so dope.

Thanks mate. Appreciate you replying to my PMs and giving me a walk through. Thanks to Seedy Al also to the thread in the Tech section that made building the front coilovers a breeze!

Matt

• 1 year later...

I have found the love for  building car so time to sink some coin and get stuck into the wagon again. Slowly collecting parts and getting back into it. I really need to sort a gearbox out so i can look at clearance in the tunnel and firewall. No clearance up front to run radiator fans so recessing the firewall 80-100mm seems like a good idea to me.

Matt

• 5 years later...

Bro it’s 2020 and I’m reading this post with joy !! I’m looking to do the same suspension/rear subframe setup as you have in mine but it’s a sedan ! Keep it going man hope to see the new updates !! Also what engine mounts Was the Wagin running when it had rb20 ? Cheers