VG's Adventure Wagon / Tercel SR5

Test the vacuum pots and shit also, they shit themselves all the time. But yea you need to clean it out and set the float properly then go from there I guess.

I have cleaned it out and set the float, all that seems sweet. The vac pots all seem to work also. Will see how it handles off roading tonight and go from there. Its never given any problems in day to day driving, so something about the angles/hi revs/load/vibration is up setting it.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So, you have probably been asking yourself, "I wonder what the Tercel has been up to lately?" Well, its done a few things.

Took a piano for a drive:

IMG_20141115_105422691_zps5ab2df50.jpg

Did a bit of forestry work:

10153792_10205686955717461_2293110839726

Did a bit of flying:

10411047_10155302410305164_6681406457210

Went to/in the lake a few time:

10897849_10152940298136138_8780606249176

Along with a sprinkling of off roading, driving me to work everyday, and a spot of rally.

But alas, its time for it to go, so //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/45130-fs-1988-toyota-tercel-sr5-whakatane/

Regards, VG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 years later...
1 hour ago, terceldude said:

Hey VG,

Feel free to join http://www.tercel4wd.com where domestic and foreign owners of Tercel 4wd's and Sprinter Carib, Corsa and Tercel 4wd sedans can meetup and get technical advice on those cars. I'm already a member and you might notice I have the same username here that I do there. Check it out. 

I hope to see a pic of a DLX model for NZ with a pic of its manufacturers plate.

I am trying to locate, though as I said before, someone in NZ who owns any of the market-specific model-specific sales and accessories brochures for NZ of these cars. If you know of anyone who might, please hit me up soon. I am also a big Hobbit fan since that also took place in New Zealand haha.

Best Regards

@terceldude

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MBY81UZp6TmNbJya9

Here is a NZ new one that I spotted this year. The owner is local and has had it from new, her grandchildren go to the same school as my kids. If I see her around I'll ask her on your behalf.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vintage Grumble said:

@terceldude hello Sir, I sold this car over 5 years ago, so am unable to help with the pics and info you are after sorry. Ive never seen another since I sold this one, they are pretty rare in NZ now I guess, and I don't know where to find info on the NZ ones. I can't even remember if mine was NZ new or a Jap import tbh.

Hi VG, your Tercel is NZ new https://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=np3201

Glad to see someone so enthusiastic about these fine vehicles 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...