VG's Adventure Wagon / Tercel SR5

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No joy so far, have looked around all the local wreckers, and have one searching for me. Ben also is having a hunt around/has a dude searching for something the same. The spline hole size is the problem, its smaller than anything else i've found so far. I'll keep hunting for a few days, and if nothing shows up i'll get it rebuilt.

• 2 weeks later...

So, had to have the steering UJ rebuilt, couldn't get a used one, or find a new match from a catalog at all. Wasn't too costly at $120+, and they had it back the next day, so all chur ay.

IMG_20140906_132419423_HDR_zps2f3071bf.j

I then whipped the rack out, cleaned the shit out of it, greased the shit out of it, and then installed the shit out of the new bush, and wham, good as new. 

I tidied up shit loads of little bits and bobs, slapped the back windows back in with a bit of rope, and finished off the rust repairs, and then went to this circus (the guys are fairly fucked in the head tbh/caught him checking under a sticker on the back window? wat?) to obtain a WOF.

IMG_20140909_093748806_zpsfbd5833e.jpg

It failed on a few minor things, which I fixed that morning and returned to GAIN WOF STANDARD!!

Pretty stoked to have it legal, and it is now my daily driver.

Still many things to sort out, which include, but are not limited to,

Fix knock in front left corner

Fix diff leak

Fix heater core

Fit bull bar and spot lights

Get wheel alignment

More rust work

Rebuild carb

Make snorkle

Mean beans.

Regards, VG.

• Like 6

Those guys are seriously screwed in the head. I would not let them work on any system of a car that pertained to safety, that's for sure. 

Also, while i'm here, I worked out tonight what the hard cone knock from the front left corner was, the nuts at the top of the shocks, that hold them into the top plates were lose as buggery on both sides. Tightened them up, and kaboom baby, sweet as a nut! 

This thing runs ok, but if you back off up a steep hill it cuts out, and seems to be running rich. I assumed the cutting out up hills will be float level related, but I whipped the carb off to give it a check/clean, and then realized that some nugget has removed the guts of the vac secondary doofer,

IMG_20140920_084312542_zpsf8e2f885.jpg

It looks like the secondary doofer is opening mechanically, but the choke flap doesn't seem to open? I know jack about carbs, but i'm guessing that if the secondary is opening mechanically, the vac pot thing is meant to open the choke flap thing? At the moment it will be dumping in piss loads of gas, but not letting more air in, which would explain lack of power and excessive gas use?

Anyone got a 3A carb kicking about they want to sell?