bennis's ta63 carina thing

bennis

This is sweet! Good to see a different engine conversion happening from the norm, should push it along nicely.\

Bottom of the gearbox should have provisions to mount a normal gearbox xmember to it

its weird but it doesn't 

mount is on top because van. You need a car gearbox

nah ill just modify what I have as its a fairly low ks strong gearbox, ive got a t50 kicking about and could put a 1s bellhousing also got a carina t50 cross-member but just nah.

t50s are saggy and worth too much

Out of all of the possible engines, this is one I never would have thought of... But it's actually a pretty damn good plan!

None of the complexity etc of a beams motor to cause you headaches and cost $$$$, super easy smash it in there type engine swap.

Especially since it's a factory EFI model car already, makes things so much easier.

It will keep similar character to the original car/motor, while way better reliability and fuel economy.

Cant go wrong. 8)

Thanks Roman, yea its all come together pretty good on those terms, i bought it thinking it was a AA60 only to find it had a charming 3teu which is for sale if anyone wants to buy it.

No the AE86 is not for sale :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've considered this swap for my SA60. Nice and easy for me as I already have the bits from my 1s. Only thing that's stopped me so far is that most wreckers think because they are a van engine that they are worth something. I would definitely go down this route if I found a cheap 3sfe.

• 3 weeks later...