The "Deuce Coupe" by Gaz

sr1600

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About time this thread appeared. I love 2 coupes.

With the flywheel nut I just put a chain from a flywheel bolt to the end plate and crank it tight with a stilson and a bar. Doesn't matter about torque settings on the back so long as its fucking tight.

I sincerely hope it brings you wealth and prosperity.

• Like 1

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/43167-rx2-coupe-by-gaz/

Didnt realise you had a motor for it , should go well.

I have a 54mm socket and 3/4 Power bar that a supplier gave me for buying so much work shit , you could of borrowed that for a few months or so if id known.

Are you staying 4x110 or converting over?

Yeah went the easy route and brought one already done, the old way of doing every little thing myself may have disappeared now I'm not on a student budget!

I need suppliers like that/suppliers full stop! The guy was crackup I took it upto counter and he scanned it, cringed and told me it was $104 incl. I shrugged and said I need it and itll last forever.. He did not like that response and said it was a rip off for a socket.. smashed away at keyboard and came back with 85incl. We started talking shit for a while before I paid for it and then he said hold on and took of out back. Came back with manager who smashed some password in computer and I got it for $72incl. Was happy with that and I guess Ill shop their again so win win.

Stud changing to 4x114.3 to a. fit sylvia discs, and b. source jap wheels easier.

Gaz

Yeah went the easy route and brought one already done, the old way of doing every little thing myself may have disappeared now I'm not on a student budget!

Stud changing to 4x114.3 to a. fit sylvia discs, and b. source jap wheels easier.

Gaz

You would think changing to 4x114 would be easy however i can now see why people rarely do

whats the plan for the front hubs?

E30 BMW vented disks. Need the centre bore machine out slightly and the mounting holes re-drilled and then they should bolt to the back of the rx2 hub changing offset by only 2-4mm.... They still at machinist so I havnt pieced back together. Youll need new calipers and brackets also.

What you running on yours?

You would think changing to 4x114 would be easy however i can now see why people rarely do

whats the plan for the front hubs?

Or did you mean changing to 4x114.3?

I was just going to get them re drilled, but I sense you are about to tell me there is some reason this is not possible? lol

Gaz

If you were staying 4x110 I got a pair of studed hubs with e30 rotors mounted I use as a door stop at home, after deciding to a minimum 15" wheel size.

With a little measuring and the right size shank in the stud there is no reason that the new pcd wont cover the old holes I believe, however you would need some stud free hubs

I went with the easy option and had my sister bring some 4x114 hubs back when she was in Melbourne however I have also lined up someone who owes me a favour to make me another set provided I produce the drawing for him. Sort of plan B if the new hub offset aint quite where I want it to be

Should have hit you up before I brought new BMW ones! What hubs did you buy?, Claire is living in Melb so I could prob go that option.

Gaz

If you were staying 4x110 I got a pair of studed hubs with e30 rotors mounted I use as a door stop at home, after deciding to a minimum 15" wheel size.

With a little measuring and the right size shank in the stud there is no reason that the new pcd wont cover the old holes I believe, however you would need some stud free hubs

I went with the easy option and had my sister bring some 4x114 hubs back when she was in Melbourne however I have also lined up someone who owes me a favour to make me another set provided I produce the drawing for him. Sort of plan B if the new hub offset aint quite where I want it to be

Wash your mouth out Russell, new colour is way better than current color; current colour is not the original.. car was orange. Would paint it orange over that uglt turquiose green it curently is/nah Im going dark metallic green just to fuck you off!

Gaz