Looseunits 1983 5efte KP60

Looseunit

My brother and I had this thing a few years back, got it with the 4efte already mounted but barely running.Tidied it up, caged it & got it a lot more finished. Did a few trackdays with it, was such a fun car. Sold it to a dude in Nelson who was going to Rally it I thought.

Yep car came from Nelson.  I hacked around in it in the backroads a few times before i took it apart.  Was fun to drive and went pretty quick for a stock 4efte.  The setup was ok for the power it had but was never going to be suitable for an extra 150-200kw

The minilites came with the car, they only 14x6 never looked at the offset.  Ive got the drag radials on some fwd offset volk rims, the drag tires are pretty wide but that combo with the hilux diff fits pretty much perfectly.  ill probably run the minlites on the front until i can decide what I want.

Hope to get it finished in the next 2-3 months and then get it tuned etc.  Then ill hope to get it to some sort of test day to get used to driving the thing.

bring it to my place.,  we can test & tune in the paddock.

• 6 months later...

Yeah its all fixed just cost a heap more than i budgeted for.  By sheer sheer luck when they took all the measurements for the new pistons they measured on the low side, so I still have the compression that I specified.  I also had to add an adjustable cam gear into the mix as when they straightened the head it messed up the cam timing.  Its pretty much all done, am going up next week to pick it up.