64Valiants 65 Ap5 Safari

64valiant

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool bro, sounds good. Nothing wrong with the slant though, I would stick with that for a bit. You know a 300c engine swap would be the bomb but it would cost so much to do so!

I am in Melbourne, seen a couple of really early ap5 wagons around this summer, the ones with small round tail lights. Mega rare! I nearly bought a mint ap5 wagon for $1200 when I first moved here, kinda wished I did now, it was factory avocado green and looked cool sitting on wide wheels but was a full base model spec, no heater, drums, 3 on the tree etc. 

Looking forward to see what you do with this one though. Oh, If you need any panel repair sections, try craig vane rustaproblem, although shipping might be the deal breaker from queensland.

• Like 1

you're a sick sick man.

Haha why thand you.

I've always wanted a matching pair/different body type of vehicles. So mega awesome!!!

Need garage door open taillight pic.

Cheers

Matt

Hey Matt It got dark before I could get a good photo so il get one tonight for you.

Also it has been my dream to own a wagon and sedan ap5 I've finally got it. Don't know to paint it green and white to suite my sedan as well. Maybe one day I will

• Like 1

Cool bro, sounds good. Nothing wrong with the slant though, I would stick with that for a bit. You know a 300c engine swap would be the bomb but it would cost so much to do so!

I am in Melbourne, seen a couple of really early ap5 wagons around this summer, the ones with small round tail lights. Mega rare! I nearly bought a mint ap5 wagon for $1200 when I first moved here, kinda wished I did now, it was factory avocado green and looked cool sitting on wide wheels but was a full base model spec, no heater, drums, 3 on the tree etc. 

Looking forward to see what you do with this one though. Oh, If you need any panel repair sections, try craig vane rustaproblem, although shipping might be the deal breaker from queensland.

Yea I will probably end up just slamming it out and widening the steelies and roll it as it is. I'd rather put my money into my sedan and get the other engine in that.

And thanks for that I will have a look at Craig vane tonight see what will make my life easier.

The wagon you saw when you 1st got to aus sounds amazing. Sound have brought it!!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

318s are not really worth a lot, last one i paid 300 for as a rebuilder. be prepared to spend a fair bit if you cant get a known good runner- one you can drive before you buy. ive tried to fit a couple of them to vals ive had in the past as "good second hand runners" and they were both fucked.

my one i just rebuilt probably owes me 4.5k in parts and machining etc, even with stuff i already had in stock

then trans, diff, brakes, etc all adds up quick

sweet wagon though

• Like 1

yeah its in parts as he was about to rebuild it and add a hole lot of power but its had one cylinder thats had a sleeve put in it and will need new cam pistons some machine work. heads seem to be alright.

i have a couple of celica gear boxes here that my dad had planned on using for my other sedan so yea would just try make them work.

also have hubs and disc brake set up away in the shed like whats on my sedan but by doing that i lose the 5x100 stud pattern and cant rock the og steelies

he wants roughly 400 for it in peaces.

spindles are roughly 700 and i can still drive around and look cool. once i get it going.

oh i got new shoes for it today should be here wednesday so will go over brakes again.

• Like 1

'Teens aren't a big ticket item.

Some dreamers ask moonbeams for them on the tard though.

I very recently scored a set of 8 brand new 40 over pistons with 1.741 comp height for $130 to my door. So you can build them on the cheap.

17 years ago I built one for only $488.

but machining costs are getting up there now.

hey bro I got new wheel cylinders from BNT for like $20 each, VG's are same as Falcon n Holden of era. have you called BNT for spares?

I also asked them to print off every part they could supply. was 3 pages long with some stuff i wouldnt expect available

just about to ring them up now :)